Rear Rotor

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stryg8r

Reaction score
I picked up a used rear rotor for my spare rim. Should the rotor be flat or should it be slightly concave? I was expecting it to be flat, but when placed on a flat surface the outer edge touches, but the inner edge does not. It is uniformly this way so I'm not sure if its junk or if its manufactured that way.

I picked up a used rear rotor for my spare rim. Should the rotor be flat or should it be slightly concave? I was expecting it to be flat, but when placed on a flat surface the outer edge touches, but the inner edge does not. It is uniformly this way so I'm not sure if its junk or if its manufactured that way.

Gave me a good laugh until I realized you were serious...

The rotor, (I call it the Disc) should be flat as a laser beam. Sounds like the one you got is warped or badly worn..

KM

I wish I was joking. I can't believe they actually tried to pass this piece of crap off as a good rotor.

I wish I was joking. I can't believe they actually tried to pass this piece of crap off as a good rotor.
Ebay?

I got the same thing with a set of cans I bought. "Perfect conditions, no scratches or dents." Get the things in, they look like someone went to town on them with a hammer!!!!

Sorry, but I would not use that rotor if I were you! I'd also be skeptical about the rim...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ebay?
I got the same thing with a set of cans I bought. "Perfect conditions, no scratches or dents." Get the things in, they look like someone went to town on them with a hammer!!!!

Sorry, but I would not use that rotor if I were you! I'd also be skeptical about the rim...
Yep. Argo Cycles. Buyer beware.

Ebay?

Yep. Argo Cycles. Buyer beware.
Contact them and let them know. Sometimes they will refund your money and file a claim agains the shipping company. Now, they may have known from the getgo that this thing was damaged, but quite often I expect vendors do this because when the file the insurance claim, they still make the money. I could be wrong, but it's just a hunch.