Rear shock preload adjuster bolts

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raven09

Reaction score
I have replaced the rear spring with a Hyperpro unit and I've removed the preload adjuster lever mechanism since it's not being used anymore. I'm trying to remove the three bolts that used to hold it in place. It looks like they are pressed into the metal holding plate. Could anyone advise what is the simplest way to do accomplish this? There's not much room to work in there.

Thanks in advance.

I think they're spot welded actually.

I left mine and took off the nuts. If I ever need to return to stock or temporarily run the stock shock while my after-market is being serviced (done once actually).....I'd leave them.

Otherwise, take the plate out and grind them off or maybe you can get a Dremel in there with it in place.

I took clear tubing cut to a little longer length and then slipped them on each one with the bolt. I did not want to cut or remove them as if I need the pensky rebuilt I then can put the 0 mile stock shock back on and run it while the pensky is out. I did need to cover them as I described as the hose from the remote on the Pensky was touching one.

I was going to do them in black hose but just have not got to it nor did I think I will. No one notices it and as long as they are protected from causing a issue I would not remove them.