Rear Shock Question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorCal FJR

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I got an estimate to rework the suspension on my 2008. The shop recommended a Nitron rear shock R2 with hydraulic preload adjuster for the rear. I have looked but have not found any reviews on this shock. Anyone know anything about them?

Thanks in advance

Rich

I have a HyperPro shock with remote adjuster installed on my Gen 1. This suspension system originates in the Netherlands, but is marketed / assembled by EPM Performance (epmperf.com) out of New Jersey.

Love this unit, ending my 4th season on it, and it still feels great. Sending it in for a maintenance / rebuild probably this winter.

Good luck in your quest...

Seems there was a 2-3 year old thread on here Rich. Don't remember if it was a review or asking for feedback. Found a couple threads on ADV Rider, Nitron looks to be shipping a lot of shocks in the last three years. Compare pricing and features with Penske and Ohlins and see which one fits best.

I'm partial to Penske since they're easy to rebuild, but honestly, any aftermarket quality shock is an improvement over stock.

Good luck!

--G

I have a HyperPro shock with remote adjuster installed on my Gen 1. This suspension system originates in the Netherlands, but is marketed / assembled by EPM Performance (epmperf.com) out of New Jersey.Love this unit, ending my 4th season on it, and it still feels great. Sending it in for a maintenance / rebuild probably this winter.

2 thumbs up for the Hyperpro
smile.png

NorCal, please read the following thread. Dave is a great guy and his suspension for the FJR is AWESOME. Give him a call
https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/170388-gp-suspension-11th-annual-fjr-forum-group-buy/
Thanks Redneckj, I already sent Dave an email.

I have a HyperPro shock with remote adjuster installed on my Gen 1. This suspension system originates in the Netherlands, but is marketed / assembled by EPM Performance (epmperf.com) out of New Jersey.Love this unit, ending my 4th season on it, and it still feels great. Sending it in for a maintenance / rebuild probably this winter.

Cyclepath, I appreciate the information.

George, I have been leaning toward the Penske, but the quote was very tempting...I will wait and see were Dave comes in at. You are right, anything will be an improvement from the OEM stuff.