Recommend an inexpensive slip on exhaust

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smithe68

Reaction score
Got my '07 FJR 2 years ago, haven't had as much time as I would like to ride it until lately, only put about 2000 miles on it. Now that I have a lot more time, I am noticing I don't like what is on there now. The previous owner did something to the stock exhaust, cut out part of the back I guess, and I really don't like the looks, or sound. Unfortunately I don't have the largest budget on the planet so looking for something that is decent, and under $400, if that is even possible.

Thanks,

Erik

Beowulf exhaust out of the UK are quite economical. There are a few members that have them. I do as well and no complaints as of yet.

Thanks guys, I have searched some but it's not always easy to filter through everything you find.

If you're wanting to fix the hack job, look for a set of stock pipes on the forum. They come up all the time, for a lot less than you're looking to spend!

YMMV

--G

Someone had mentioned using a pair of garaulds muffler tailcones and some sink tailpeices to undo the trooper mod...i looked quick, didnt find it yet. will have to search more..

Might be an economical solution..back to quiet, and you'd have cool looking tailcones...

Someone had mentioned using a pair of garaulds muffler tailcones and some sink tailpeices to undo the trooper mod...i looked quick, didnt find it yet. will have to search more.. Might be an economical solution..back to quiet, and you'd have cool looking tailcones...
Here

and..

Here

Last edited by a moderator:
Way past an hour, work and other things got in the way. Is this the Trooper mod? Ignore that part I deleted that you aren't seeing, it's different.

20130529_162347_zps7def26cf.jpg

Way past an hour, work and other things got in the way. Is this the Trooper mod? Ignore that part I deleted that you aren't seeing, it's different.
20130529_162347_zps7def26cf.jpg
Whoa! That's looks like some seriously nasty 'customizing'
omg2.gif

Way beyond the Trooper mod, I'd say. It's not easy to make a definite assessment from the angle of the pic, but that doesn't even look like a stock end on that muffler. Any chance you could take a 3/4 shot?

Probably your least expensive option is to pick up a used pair of OEM cans in reasonably good shape. I think any year would fit, and used ones come up cheap from time to time on the forum.

I have a pair of Trooper modded Gen 1 cans available here on the 'Pay it Forward' thread, for the shipping cost, and some folks seem to like the sound, or they could be de-modded as has already been described here.

PM me if you're interested, and I'll dig 'em out.

Beowulf exhaust out of the UK are quite economical. There are a few members that have them. I do as well and no complaints as of yet.
I paid a little over 800 dollars Canadian for my Beowulf's! Cheap?
Really? Hmm, I only paid $585 S&H incl for the 2 cans in a stainless finish. Did you get a different finish?

I paid a little over 800 dollars Canadian for my Beowulf's! Cheap?
Really? Hmm, I only paid $585 S&H incl for the 2 cans in a stainless finish. Did you get a different finish?
Hmm? Oct 2010 470 euro. plus 50 cdn brokerage.Today the euro is a little weaker than back a couple of years? Mine are the Titanium with the heated blue tint. Todays money a little under 700 Cdn.

Dude...If he did THAT to the pipes, what did he do to stuff that you maybe can't see?? I'd be going through the electrics, suspension, maintenance items and motor like a mo-fo.

Dude...If he did THAT to the pipes, what did he do to stuff that you maybe can't see?? I'd be going through the electrics, suspension, maintenance items and motor like a mo-fo.
Had my dealer check everything else out and everything is good to go, just this goofiness.