Recommendation for Side Cases

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul265

Reaction score
Have a 2005 FJR here in Ireland. The side cases were badly damaged recently when they were broken into and my jacket/gear was stolen. Dealing with main dealer here I can't get replacement Yamaha cases so interested to hear from anyone that has non Yamaha side cases and which ones are good?

Paul.

Have a 2005 FJR here in Ireland. The side cases were badly damaged recently when they were broken into and my jacket/gear was stolen. Dealing with main dealer here I can't get replacement Yamaha cases so interested to hear from anyone that has non Yamaha side cases and which ones are good?

Paul.
Side cases from any year will fit, only colour and decals change with the year.

Thanks Mcatrophy was not sure that would be the case.
Hopefully your original locks are still ok. New cases come without locks, easy enough to transfer. If you have to buy new locks, your original key won't fit, but it may be possible to re-jig the new locks to fit you old key.

I have Hepco/Becker. Might be easier to get where you are I had to wait a long time for them in the US. I love them and think they would be more secure and harder to break into.

DSC_0966.JPG

Hopefully your original locks are still ok. New cases come without locks, easy enough to transfer. If you have to buy new locks, your original key won't fit, but it may be possible to re-jig the new locks to fit you old key.
Thanks yes I think the locks are good.

Thanks very much, will have a look for something similar to work with the Givi boxes.
The MMoto one is that only thing I ever found, that is still available. Givi did make a rack for the Gen 1 FJR briefly, but no longer makes it and I have only ever seen one picture of it. It bolted to the SRL357 topcase rack.

kr357.jpg

I have a new Givi top case rack for Gen 1 or 2. Don’t know if it would fit other years. If anyone has interest PM me.
I’m interested in the Givi rack for my 2005 Gen 1 if it can be installed simply and straightforwardly with the OEM rack either in place or removed.

Note: Not all Givi topcase racks will fit both Gen I and Gen II. My Givi SR357 only fits Gen II and III+. The comparable rack for the Gen I is the SR346. Givi currently only lists this one for Gen I although they list others for 2006-2012 and 2013-2022.

The SR357 (and the SR346) replace the OEM rack. Installation isn't difficult.

https://giviusa.com/collections/fjr-1300-01-05