REGISTRATION OPEN: 1st Annual Western Canadian Regional Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can any of you natives give me some ferry advice?

(Note: I said FERRY not FAIRY, Bust!)

What are the chances of finding the ferry from Port Angeles to Victoria booked up if I don't make a reservation?

I won't be able to make it to the area until Friday, as I get off work Thursday morning at 6.

Of course, the ferry from Port Angeles changes it's schedule that week so the last ferry leaves at 5:15 PM., and I don't want to go through

Seattle to get to the Vancouver ferry, though it would be nice to land at Nanaimo instead of Victoria.

I really hope to get on the 12:45, but I'm not sure i can make it.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

What are the chances of finding the ferry from Port Angeles to Victoria booked up if I don't make a reservation?

I won't be able to make it to the area until Friday, as I get off work Thursday morning at 6.

Of course, the ferry from Port Angeles changes it's schedule that week so the last ferry leaves at 5:15 PM., and I don't want to go through

Seattle to get to the Vancouver ferry, though it would be nice to land at Nanaimo instead of Victoria.

Ferry from Port Angeles booked solid for bikes in Sept? slim....but don't quote me haha

Ferry from Tsawassen to Nanaimo booked solid for bikes at any time, ever? Never....

Even if you get there 5 minues before sailing time, they squeeze you on the back of the boat.

Just don't eat any food on those ferries :bad:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ferry from Port Angeles booked solid for bikes in Sept? slim....but don't quote me haha

Ferry from Tsawassen to Nanaimo booked solid for bikes at any time, ever? Never....

Even if you get there 5 minues before sailing time, they squeeze you on the back of the boat.

Wow, a reply in ten minutes! You really are on top of things.

I had heard you were, or liked being on top, or something like that.

Thanks for the advice, especially the food part! Sounds like the voice of experience.

I had heard you were ex.....never mind. :p

I am always on top (but only cuz the men I pick to date can't do anything but f*&k "up")

haha

that joke is an oldie, but a goodie.... ;)

(just like me :) )

From PA, it's a $6 reservation fee, not the whole fare. Just make 2 reservations now and toss the one you don't need. We're on the 5:15, Tuesday. Maybe we'll see you then.

For what it is worth, I was at a DS gathering the past few days. Two Canadians were chatting with me (one from BC), when I mentioned WCR and the ferry from Port Angeles. He was pretty definite a reservation was the way to go, or there was a good chance one might not have a good outcome.

Ferries, middle of September, most likely you will not have a problem. If so, I will keep you company while you wait for the next ferry.!

We were so ready to push the reset button to cancel our SW-FOG rally and do this one tonight but plans are already made and it is so close to KSU. We will miss many of you and hope to connect somewhere in the near future. Have fun.

We were so ready to push the reset button to cancel our SW-FOG rally and do this one tonight but plans are already made and it is so close to KSU. We will miss many of you and hope to connect somewhere in the near future. Have fun.
Disappointing that you and Jaquie won't be in attendance; hope to see you next year then.

Cheers

Kasey

He says...tail between his legs...in his most "wimpy" voice. :dribble:

Y'know, Ed....I'm going to miss seeing Jacquie. ;)

[SIZE=8pt]Have fun as SW-FOG. There are others who have altered their plans or are considering that direction should rain be forecast in the northern latitudes. [/SIZE]

Okay....I'm going to miss you, too!

Hi Barb,

Good news, bad news.

I was just invited to join a 3 buddies on a week long bike trip down the coast into California and back up through Idaho, Washington etc. Of course it is in direct conflict with the rally as they are leaving on the Port Angeles ferry on Saturday the 11th. I am torn because I was really looking forward to Parksville and meeting "all the usual suspects" that are attending but this will be a very well organized ride that I have been invited on. Is there anyone on a wait list that would want my spot? I have also had to bail on my roommate in a two bedroom suite so that may also be available. I can't do both as I doubt that I could catch them easily starting a day late. I did try to message you through the rally board but it got sent back?

Sorry! Sorry! Sorry!

Jeff

I'm in for a bedroom. PM sent. There may be room on the couch or pull out for another......
fjrwanabe has decided to skip WCR.

So, I have a bedroom available again.

I have a two bedroom reserved for Friday and Saturday.

Anyone need a room?

John

Status
Not open for further replies.