Remus Hexacone install on '04

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UFO

Reaction score
Also posted this on ST.N...

Exhaust showed up this aftnoon. :banana:

Thanks to Bill at https://www.motorsports-network.com for answering all my e-mails and rushing the titanium and carbon fiber bits to me as quickly as possible.

Obviously I opted for the titanium version as it will never require re-packing, and have a liftetime warranty on the packing. The carbon fiber version does not offer this...and I'm not sure why. But the titanium system looks better to me anyway.

Install was very easy. The only niggle is that the connecting pipe will not fit over the OEM carbon gasket...not even close. So they had to be removed, which is impossible to do without destroying them. :rolleyes: In it's place used high temperature RTV liquid gasket (good for 650 degrees or so). Other than that the install is a slam dunk. Weight savings is about 5 lbs.

With the baffles in it's a tad louder than stock. With the baffles out it's has a nice deep mellow growl...mean, but far from annoying.

Added video:

I had to break out my special pink towel. :twofinger:

remus_hexacone_01.jpg

Left side with no bags.

remus_hexacone_02.jpg

Left side with bags on.

remus_hexacone_03.jpg

Rear ISO view with no bags, baffles in.

remus_hexacone_04.jpg

Rear ISO view with bags on, baffles in.

remus_hexacone_05.jpg

Rear with bags on, baffles out.

remus_hexacone_06.jpg

Left side close up.

remus_hexacone_07.jpg

Spring close up.

remus_hexacone_08.jpg

Logo close up.

remus_hexacone_09.jpg

Exhaust exit, baffle out.

remus_hexacone_10.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Neal... they really, really do go well with the rest of the bike's lines and styling... don't they? Can't wait for mine to show up tomorrow.

Actually they don't look half bad but those springs need to go!!!!

And is that a polished garage floor???? You have way too much time on your hands my man!!! Nice pics thanks

I'll keep an eye on the CF bits. My first real ride with them was the commute in this morning.

And the garage isn't polished, it's epoxy sealed. It's an afternoon's work and costs about $100 from you local Home Depot or Lowes. Lazy pukes. :lol: :lol:

Video, with no baffles. Camera is about 6 feet away.

Installed mine today, while doing a bunch of other catch-up maintenance and stuff...

Went on easier than I could have guessed, and I absolutely love the look and sound.

I'm curious though Neal, my connecting pipe went on to my '05 with no problem whatsoever... fit like a glove on both sides... is there a difference between the '04 and '05 exhaust pipes????

Once I get my sidecase lid shipped and returned from Garauld to fix my WFO-5 scratches, the bike will be looking mighty fine....

Video, with no baffles. Camera is about 6 feet away.

oh wow that is a sweet sounding pipe :dribble: i have wondered if the revolutions have the same sound as the hexcones?

khrome

I don't know why I didn't think to look before now, but I'd been asking if anyone had a PCIII map for the Remus pipes.... Duh... went to the Power Commander website, and they've got one. Looks like I need to download it, then compare it to Wally's map... maybe try a combo.

PCIII Remus and other maps

In case anyone wants to see what they look like on a blue '05....
Can you provide a picture straight from the back. I was considering these however I noticed in this thread and the other one referenced that on both bikes the left pipes sits out a tad more than the right. And that bothers me. I know its picky however if I spend that much on pipes its the only thing I will notice everytime I look at the bike.

Can you provide a picture straight from the back. I was considering these however I noticed in this thread and the other one referenced that on both bikes the left pipes sits out a tad more than the right. And that bothers me. I know its picky however if I spend that much on pipes its the only thing I will notice everytime I look at the bike.
The standard mufflers sit the same, not quite true.

I was considering these however I noticed in this thread and the other one referenced that on both bikes the left pipes sits out a tad more than the right. And that bothers me.
First do me a favor... take the bags off your bike with the stock pipes, and stand behind the bike.... tell me what you see. Hope it doesn't bother you...

As others have alluded to, the left muffler (as you sit on the bike) does indeed splay out more than the right one, which is necessary to prevent the pumpkin housing from striking the canister as the swingarm travels through it's suspension range.