Rendezvous at Red Lodge 2020 June 25th - 28th, 2020 - It's a Wrap!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should have joined us Scooter-with your fancy ES Feejeeer you wouldn't have felt a thing. 😛

You must be talking about when I am laying in the hospital high on pain meds after crashing and burning.  You are a BAD influence.  One more thing to leave you with:  If riding the Super Tenere off road is so much fun, just think how MUCH MORE FUN it would be on a BMW GS Adventure......

JSNS!   

:finger:

You must be talking about when I am laying in the hospital high on pain meds after crashing and burning.  You are a BAD influence.  One more thing to leave you with:  If riding the Super Tenere off road is so much fun, just think how MUCH MORE FUN it would be on a BMW GS Adventure......

JSNS!   

Naw, you mean a Tiger 800. Much easier to pick up. Jsns

JSNS!   

How would anyone on a GS know? 

Ain't no Starbucks in Gerlach. 😝

Well that was fun!

I am so glad this event came together, even with the changes. fjrchuck and I had a great time and good ride all the way.

I say that despite the fact that I rode right through the plies to a flat on my bike on the return trip!

You can see the details of our trip in my little ride video I made here: 

Yeah, I had no indication of a problem other than some wear in Montana. Evidently as I drove through Wyoming in the rain, it had worn down. Found myself stuck in Craig, Colorado on a Sunday with that tire.  Weighed my options, so limping to meet my friend with my truck and trailer turned out to be the best alternative. Wrapping with the gorilla tape ended up not gaining me much on a highway.