Rendezvous at Red Lodge 2020 June 25th - 28th, 2020 - It's a Wrap!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My boss just announced that he is retiring at the end of next month... it is not looking good for me with vacation time... we will see if it gets cancelled or not.

My boss just announced that he is retiring at the end of next month... it is not looking good for me with vacation time... we will see if it gets cancelled or not.
Beat them to the punch. Quit before they retire. :punk:

I think I still have your shirt from the Reuben. I'll bring it with me to Red Lodge.

I'm out.  John, THANK YOU for all the work on this and I know I'll be sorry not to be heading out when the time would have come.  I love that area and would have liked to see everybody again, but just too damn many unknowns for me. 

The 2-BR suite I reserved is switched over to one of the roommates I had lined up--he might be looking to share.  Wish the rest of you a good safe rally--good weather, no deer strikes, no negative LEO contacts, and no freaking Corona Virus!

See some of you in LaPine later on, I hope.

I'm out.  John, THANK YOU for all the work on this and I know I'll be sorry not to be heading out when the time would have come.  I love that area and would have liked to see everybody again, but just too damn many unknowns for me. 

The 2-BR suite I reserved is switched over to one of the roommates I had lined up--he might be looking to share.  Wish the rest of you a good safe rally--good weather, no deer strikes, no negative LEO contacts, and no freaking Corona Virus!

See some of you in LaPine later on, I hope.
Sorry to hear this Mike.  We'll miss your droll whit.

The Canada/US border is now closed to non-essential travel through June 21st - they have been pushing that date out one month at a time,

At BigJohn's suggestion I will hang onto my room for now and see what develops, but I am not optimistic...

If I don't make it, have fun y'all!

The Canada/US border is now closed to non-essential travel through June 21st - they have been pushing that date out one month at a time,

At BigJohn's suggestion I will hang onto my room for now and see what develops, but I am not optimistic...

If I don't make it, have fun y'all!
Who do they think they are. You and your lovely bride are very much essential. 

Tell them I said so. :punk:

It is with great sadness that we must bow out of this. Michelle had a detached retina late last month and as part of the recovery, she cannot change elevation to more than 1000' above sea level for 2-4 months or she risks permanent blindness in the one eye. At this point, she can't see well enough to drive. I have canceled our reservation at the Chateau Rouge (Room 201, 2 bedroom with a sofa sleeper). 

Have fun and hoist one for me and pour one out for BeemerDon.

Greg

That truly sucks!!!! 

All the best to your bride.

Does that mean that Rick and Karen are out also???

Yea, we are all out, Rick ran into work issues. this just sucks.

All we can do is play the waiting game to see how much of Michelle's eyesight returns.

Thanks for the well wishes. I guess the good thing is with only one eye, she can only see half of my ugly mug, so she has that going for her!

Yea he is! From now on, I will let him take the lead to clear out the forest rats!

Thanks, we will miss everybody too.

Unit 202 has been released as Brian, Tim, Gail and Dino will not be making it.

See you all the next time around.

+2. A retinal detachment is nothing to play with. Did the surgeon tack it back in place, use the nitrogen or a buckle? Prayers for you both.
Thanks, we will take every prayer we can! My understanding is that they used nitrogen and tack, I think it was close to being a buckle.

The hardest part is waiting to see how much vision returns  

Hope we will see you for the Reuben even if you drive a cage up. You can use my FJR while you're here if needed.
Thanks for the offer, very appreciated. The Reuben is still on the radar and very well might be our only MC trip this year. I plan on taking the scenic route up.

It is with great sadness that we must bow out of this. Michelle had a detached retina late last month and as part of the recovery, she cannot change elevation to more than 1000' above sea level for 2-4 months or she risks permanent blindness in the one eye. At this point, she can't see well enough to drive. I have canceled our reservation at the Chateau Rouge (Room 201, 2 bedroom with a sofa sleeper). 

Have fun and hoist one for me and pour one out for BeemerDon.

Greg
Give my best to Michelle.  I'm keeping my hopes open for the Ruben, maybe we'll meet there this year.  So far every ride this year has been cancelled or I have chickened out.  Damn Covid-19.