Rendezvous at Red Lodge 2020 June 25th - 28th, 2020 - It's a Wrap!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Give my best to Michelle.  I'm keeping my hopes open for the Ruben, maybe we'll meet there this year.  So far every ride this year has been cancelled or I have chickened out.  Damn Covid-19.
Thanks,

Hope to see you at the Reuben,

Greg

Sadly the wizards (lizzards?) leading our two countries announced today the extension of the US Canada border closure to at least July 21st.

Will catch all y'all next time - maybe try to work in the Reuben this Fall.  There will be a King room at the Chateau freed up later today.  😟

Sadly the wizards (lizzards?) leading our two countries announced today the extension of the US Canada border closure to at least July 21st.

Will catch all y'all next time - maybe try to work in the Reuben this Fall.  There will be a King room at the Chateau freed up later today.  😟
Yes, there is such a problem with you pesky Canadians. Sad news indeed.

sucks.  See you in La Pine I hope.

Track day on Sunday on the full 5 Mile layout at Thunderhill.  Gonna be a hot one, but then its off to Grass Valley to meet up with Bug - planning on a circular navigation across the west, destination Red Lodge!

FrankieD, SkipZZZipp, AbercrombieFJR and I made an uneventful run home across US14A to Sheridan, US14/16 to Gillette, Lunched at "Donna's Diner" in Moorcroft WY and then took US 14 past Devils Tower, rode up to Hulett and then through Alva WY, Aladdin WY, and Belle Fourche SD before arriving at Bell's Motor Lodge in Spearfish where the boys are resting after an almost 400-mile scenic run.
We left Red Lodge after a rain shower and never got rained upon again. We experienced a little fog on 14A before and after Burgess Junction. Temps were cool until after Sheridan when they rose to the mid-80's.

Thank you to all Thirty-One of you that braved the many challenges to get to Red Lodge, I enjoyed seeing you all.
As the "Kool Kid" formerly known as "The Spawn" said Saturday evening "It is a convention of Grandpa's"!

Please post up lots of pics!

really sad we did not make this run. 

See ya at the reuben,,,,,

It was great to see all y'all again and catch up. Strange times we're in...traveling is, well, different and food choices in the smaller towns was interesting. Looking forward to the next adventure.

Thanks for organizing the troops BigJohn!

~G

Thanks Commander, and FJRChuck This was a great trip up and experience.

left red Lodge and went through several rain storms and buffeted by gusts up to 50 mph. Stopped for the night in Colorado and realized my rear tire was worn through the plies. Duct taping and limping down towards Colorado Springs to rendezvous midway with my friend bringing my truck and trailer up to meet me. 
But hey! It was all worth it!

Good shit, mang!  Thanks BigJohn!

Had a nice ride with Cav47 and Spawn Sunday to Vernal, UT.  Then a nice solo ride on Colorado 141 and then the Million Dollar Highway on the way home.  Now back to the drudgery of every day life.....

Good shit, mang!  Thanks BigJohn!

Had a nice ride with Cav47 and Spawn Sunday to Vernal, UT.  Then a nice solo ride on Colorado 141 and then the Million Dollar Highway on the way home.  Now back to the drudgery of every day life.....
141?   I hate you even more.  

Bearthooth was a kick with the clouds Sunday morning, damp afternoon with a stop at Craters of the Moon. Monday morning was a bit chilly at 42 and rain but the payback was a nice afternoon riding 300 miles off the pavement across Nevada including Gerlach and the Smoke Valley. Home by 10 last night. 

You should have joined us Scooter-with your fancy ES Feejeeer you wouldn't have felt a thing. 😛