Rendezvous at Red Lodge 2020 June 25th - 28th, 2020 - It's a Wrap!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
icon_e_sad.gif

#10 Not Coming/WheatonFJR / Mark Irving / #210
#11 Not Coming /Mrs. WheatonFJR / #210

I fully understand and expect that more will likely do the same.I am not going to make any kind of "Official Call" until May 15th, which is what the Chateau Rouge, the Red Lodge Lions Club, and I agreed on a month and a half ago.The BMW Motorcycle Owners of America just rescheduled their 2020 Rally, the same weekend in Great Falls MT, to the last weekend in June 2021.Although Montana is relatively COVID-19 free, there is lots of COVID betwixt where some are and there.Watching closely.Discussing options with Chateau Rouge.John

Re: Rendezvous at Red Lodge June 25th-28th, 2020 General Info - See my Latest Post for latest Info and Update

Post by bigjohnsd » 14 May 2020, 13:40

Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2020, 5:55 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Red Lodge Rendezvous #2

John – there are a fair number of people still interested in heading your way June 25th – 28th.
I’m certain some have canceled out and not let me know so I have no real count at this point.

Unless the situation changes, the Pandemic Blossoms in Montana, between now and then there will be a group of us there 25-28 June.

So as not to have a big problem with lots of folks too close together we will N O T hold a Steak Dinner on Saturday Night. That will keep the maximum group size down below the Ten that your governor seems to want to limit groups too. We can eat on the economy, cook in our rooms, and as I recall there are some BBQs on site.
Please let the Lion’s Club know that I regret not being able to put them to work, we all were looking forward to another great meal.

If all this is agreeable to you please respond and I will put the word out to the multitudes.

I hope you and Mary Kay are both well.

John Langdell

Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2020, 11:39 AM
To: 'John Langdell'
Subject: RE: Red Lodge Rendezvous #2

John
Sounds like you have a plan, and everything you discussed is agreeable with us.
We will remain flexible, and keep our facilities as safe as we can.
We do not currently provide daily maid service, but supplies are readily available anytime.
It appears we have a couple of cancellations from your group, but they can cancel right up to the date without consequences.
We do have 5 propane grills and 3 charcoal grills for your use.
We look forward to welcoming your group, no matter how large or small.

Hopefully, it’ll be a celebration of the demise of this outrageous virus.

I’ll let the Lions know that the dinner is canceled.

Sincerely,

John and Mary Kay

"The only Dumb Question is the unasked Question " - Anonymous
Eat every Sandwich like it is your last!

Sent: Sunday, May 24, 2020 6:05 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: FW: Red Lodge Rendezvous #2

John

It looks to me like we have about 50 attendees, more than I figured would still come. 

I’ll let you know if it changes much.

I hear you got some snow yesterday.

John Langdell

Previously I had mentioned that we might have an extra bed, but as of now Doug and I have picked up a 3rd so that bed is now spoken for. 

Looking forward to seeing everyone (who's got the cajones (or equivalent) to make it :) )