RenoJohn WHITE STAG ride report

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RenoJohn

Reaction score
Did a litle winter riding down to Death Valley for the White Stag Rally. Some great fun and got to put the FJR through a lot of different paces.

[SIZE=24pt]FULL RIDE REPORT HERE -Clicky[/SIZE]

08whitestag.JPG

08whitestag%20(8).JPG

IMG_1732.JPG

08whitestag%20(34).JPG

08whitestag%20(40).JPG

[SIZE=24pt]FULL RIDE REPORT HERE -Clicky[/SIZE]

Cheers from Reno ...John

Last edited by a moderator:
Really interesting report with a lot of great pics. Glad all of you folks had a safe and eventful, fun rally. I hope to do it next year.

"Oh Great Bike Spirit, when I asked for a motorcycle without sprockets and chains... I was rather hoping for an FJR!!

08whitestag%20(12).JPG

Great write-up John. Thanks for the invite to join you this year!!

Good write-up. You are a braver man than me though. . . my (North Facing) driveway still has a 1/4" of ice on it, and I somehow just KNOW that I would end up dropping it, if I tried to go anywhere !

Last edited by a moderator:
Great report, John.

Re: FJR Nevada Style, you and Ignacio should trade notes about "form". Rumor has it that he's a "dirt-devil", too.

Re: FJR Nevada Style, you and Ignacio should trade notes about "form". Rumor has it that he's a "dirt-devil", too.
Mike the many DVdaze guys that cancelled made a mistake as the roads were in such great shape because of the rain ....well, except for the many roads that were closed. Yep, Iggy aint scared to take the fat girl in the dirt. We were on very tame stuff. This is how tame ...I've since added
to the ride report. We can thank Sandiegoland for the video.
BTW: keep an eye on that new forum member (Sandiegoland). Anyone that rides all over the west 2-UP in the dirt has to be half baked. And, he's a good buddy of mine for long time so what does that tell you? You should have him show you his ride reports.

BTW: keep an eye on that new forum member (Sandiegoland). Anyone that rides all over the west 2-UP in the dirt has to be half baked. And, he's a good buddy of mine for long time so what does that tell you?
Nothing like handicapping him from his introduction.....and no parking placard! :lol:

BTW: keep an eye on that new forum member (Sandiegoland). Anyone that rides all over the west 2-UP in the dirt has to be half baked. And, he's a good buddy of mine for long time so what does that tell you?
Nothing like handicapping him from his introduction.....and no parking placard! :lol:

Johnny Reno -

That was an excellent presentation! It updated the conditions for the ride we CenCal guys have planned in 2 weeks!

Thanks a bunch, really!

However, I would have liked to know about the gas prices, the road conditions "(pics were an indicator), incliment weather, accomodations, and the food? The report on the red light district, the bar scene, and the "condom shooting match", otherwise...(?) can be outdone!

Now, the comraderie? WOW! Dave Pickard coming out from Bowling Green, Virginia @ 78 was "incomparable?"

More power to you Dave, you have bearings of steel! :yahoo:

BTW: keep an eye on that new forum member (Sandiegoland). Anyone that rides all over the west 2-UP in the dirt has to be half baked. And, he's a good buddy of mine for long time so what does that tell you? You should have him show you his ride reports.

He doesn't snore, either. :p

Craig, welcome to the forum!

Great balls of steel, Titus Canyon on an FJR? I would leave the second half for my KLR.

Excellent report but hard to believe you didn't see any Harley's :lol: Good thing about winter riding is no bugs,eh?

Are you going to ride the Cal 24 this summer? It will be my first try at rally riding but doubt snow will be a problem then.

However, I would have liked to know about the gas prices, the road conditions "(pics were an indicator), incliment weather, accomodations, and the food?
[SIZE=14pt]Per your request, in order:[/SIZE]

Gas: This much and less ...but don't forget a long way between gas if you're doing fun riding

img_1699e.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]Road Conditions were absolutely perfect:[/SIZE]

IMG_1732.JPG

[SIZE=14pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt][/SIZE]Incliment Weather Is always a possibility:

08whitestag%20(36).JPG

Accomodations can be as simple as this:

248791924-M.jpg

.....To as fancy as this:

fci-ent.jpg

Food: I'd suggest going with the basic food groups that GZ is the product of: Cigar, Malt Liquor, ...with a Micro-Stout Chaser

08whitestag%20(30).JPG

Just get on the moto-bike and ride ...see what DV brings you ...that is the fun of going there.

John, you sick mofo, I've reserved a padded room for you at the Institute for Living. They are quite pleased to be able to examine such a unique specimen such as yourself. However, they did say that a frontal lobotomy is most likely your final solution. ;)

PS, great report! :)