Replacement horn

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Piaa Slimline Sports horn.  No extra relay required, inexpensive and work well.

Amazon.com: Piaa 85114 Slim Line 400Hz + 500Hz 112db Sports Horn Kit , Black: Automotive

71yU9VF-9fL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Note: For the 2017, I believe you will have to run an extra wire to accommodate the second horn - seems to me that more recent FJR's only have a single horn lead...

The circuit should drive both horns OK.

Note: For the 2017, I believe you will have to run an extra wire to accommodate the second horn - seems to me that more recent FJR's only have a single horn lead...

Yep.  My '16 only had one OEM horn, versus the two on my '06.  I installed FIAMMs and had to run a wire over for the 2nd horn.

I have a pair of those PIAA horns on my Gen3, and its hilarious seeing some of the reactions I get if/when I ever use it.

The combination of tones sounds like a 57 DeSoto. 🤣

Mayor,

This is the terminal you need to install as the end of the horn wire.  Hardware and auto parts stores will have it.  A standard female-to-female (terminals) jumper wire then makes the connection between horns.  Your horn button (and maybe your wiring) will last longer if you use the horn button to energize an added horn relay, and the horns will like the full battery power from that relay.

Terminal%20male-female%20piggyback.jpg