Replacement Levers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigjohnsd

2021 BMW R1250GSA
Reaction score
https://shop.the2wheels.com/7-Clicks-GP-Levers-Adjustable-YAMAHA-LE7-YA.htm

I've been looking at replacement levers for the Gray Ghost, the clutch lever was tweaked in my last tipover. I successfully straightened it to a usable configuration, but, it is still NQFR.

I've never had short levers on a bike, what is/are the advantages or benefits?

What does the Bi-Fold feature do for you?

What does extendable mean and what is the advantage?

I can get a set of these in any configuration for less than my discounted price of a new Yamaha Clutch Lever :(

Because of the recommendations from others on this forum and a spare $100.00 burning a hole in my pocket, I purchased levers from The2wheels.com for both the FJR and Tenere this spring. I've never compared them side by side to the real thing "Pazzo's" but they seem to be an incredible value as far as fit and finish goes. I am not a big farkle guy and feel these levers are more sparkle than improved function in my book. Since I have long fingers and don't really need the adjustability but I would probably buy them again just for the added bling and improved feel.

Last edited by a moderator:
I replaced mine with Pazzo levers, like I do on all my bikes.

I still have both stock levers in perfect shape and could send you my clutch lever if you want.

+1 Madrussian
punk.gif

I wouldn't suggest short levers on your bike John..... the normal length replacements are very nice....

The Adjust ability is better then stock, as is the feel of the grip on them.... the have a better shape IMO - not as fat / rounded / bulbous as the stock.... for the little amount of the money they are worth a try.

I honestly don't see a reason for the fold back option - its there in case you dump it, I'm hoping you don't plan on doing that.... likely a good option of dirt riders which go down more often....

No idea what the extendable is...

I also have the stockers laying around - they would be free to you......

Looks like there are a few members here willing to offer the stock ones up, that way you can tip over as many times as you like.....

I've had the levers linked in original post? Now in second season of use the clutch lever will not stay where set! I have tried tightening where possible to no avail! I should have spent the extra and gone with Pazzo's! I don't believe the purchase I made came with any warranty? As well my experience with the closest setting I feel a little contact with clutch plates while sitting at lights etc. Not a lot but I could still feel a little friction happening. Maybe could happen with the Pazzo's?

I've got a couple sets of these rattling around the garage with various color combos. I like them ...plus I've got variety when my mood changes! :-/

Extendable means the levers are adjustable for length. For me I didn't see the need with mine. Tried a shorty brake lever and while it "looked" kool, I like the long one better. Haven't entertained a shorty clutch. Warp addressed the foldable option.

Hold off for a week or so and you can check them out on my'15 in person!

--G

Now in second season of use the clutch lever will not stay where set!

I had that happen on a set of asian knockoff's, its the adjustment barrel inside that is out of spec....

I would send them out an email and see what they will do for you... they might send you the replacement parts.

I got my replacements from the company, though it took a few weeks from the other side of the world, but they work fine now....

So no one has had the ones in the OP's link fail? They sure look nice. I could see black, gold, or blue all looking good in their own way on a red FJR.

I've had a set of the 2Wheels levers on my '09 for 3 years now, no problems at all with them. Black with Red adjusters. Still nice and black, no fading, smooth operation. Haven't noticed any movement from the position I set them in. For me it seems like I get better release of the clutch when the lever is the same distance from the grip as the OEM levers; for the brake I find it a little easier to modulate than with the OEM. This could all be just in my mind, but they work for me. I should have the OEM levers in my garage someplace. When I complete my long overdue cleanup and organizing of that space I may find them.

I put on a set of the 2Wheels levers and developed a clutch problem. I should have detected it when I installed them, but I wound up correcting it and it's fine. Here's the deal:

The diameter of the hole in the lever where the clutch cylinder linkage bushing goes was a bit too tight. This is the thing that pivots in the clutch handle and the rod that goes into the clutch master cylinder, pushing on the piston. Normal operation requires that this rotate in the lever as it pulled and released. I initially thought it'd be OK, lubed it and put it all together.

A month or two later, I found the clutch slipping. To cut to the reason, the fit was too tight and the cylinder would no longer rotate back into position when the lever was released, leaving the clutch partially disengaged. The fix was to pull it off and ream out the hole in the lever just a bit with a Dremel tool so the bushing rotated freely. Lubed it all up again, put it together and no more clutch slipping. No such problem with the brake lever.

Thanks for all the info guys, Mad Ruskie, appreciate your generosity, I think I'm going to try a set of these knock offs.

Now to pick a color combo, decisions, decisions, decisions.....

It looks like all your questions have been answered. I have a set very close to these I feel they were worth the money and they seem to work fine for me

I have a couple of questions about their web page

their site says "Manufactured by aircraft aluminim"

should it not say manufactured with aircraft aluminum maybe aluminim is a person and it was manufactured by him or her. or maybe they do not know how to spell aluminum ? maybe they used 1 u and had no more to use to spell what I think they were trying to say.

then again it could be I am just having a pi$$y day

here is what black and red look like

4ECE3DA5-B978-4148-86E4-C549EF29FEE3_zpscamn3wft.jpg

It looks like all your questions have been answered. I have a set very close to these I feel they were worth the money and they seem to work fine for me
I have a couple of questions about their web page

their site says "Manufactured by aircraft aluminim"

should it not say manufactured with aircraft aluminum maybe aluminim is a person and it was manufactured by him or her. or maybe they do not know how to spell aluminum ? maybe they used 1 u and had no more to use to spell what I think they were trying to say.

then again it could be I am just having a pi$$y day

here is what black and red look like

4ECE3DA5-B978-4148-86E4-C549EF29FEE3_zpscamn3wft.jpg
Well we spell Aluminum the right way and those goofy British spell it and pronounce it Aluminium but I have never heard of aluminim. Good catch. Looks like your picture is of levers manufactured by aircraft aluminim before they redesigned them in 2014. The new ones have a different design with a slightly different shape and 7 clicks to the adjustment lever.

I put on a set of the 2Wheels levers and developed a clutch problem. I should have detected it when I installed them, but I wound up correcting it and it's fine. Here's the deal:
The diameter of the hole in the lever where the clutch cylinder linkage bushing goes was a bit too tight. This is the thing that pivots in the clutch handle and the rod that goes into the clutch master cylinder, pushing on the piston. Normal operation requires that this rotate in the lever as it pulled and released. I initially thought it'd be OK, lubed it and put it all together.

A month or two later, I found the clutch slipping. To cut to the reason, the fit was too tight and the cylinder would no longer rotate back into position when the lever was released, leaving the clutch partially disengaged. The fix was to pull it off and ream out the hole in the lever just a bit with a Dremel tool so the bushing rotated freely. Lubed it all up again, put it together and no more clutch slipping. No such problem with the brake lever.
I had the same problem with the brass bushing being too tight but I was thinking that was on the Tenere. I also had to take a thousandth or two off with some 1000 grit paper for a proper fit.

I've put Pazzo's on every bike I've (and my GF) owned in the past ten years. Spendy, yes. But, once they're on that's it. Done and over with. Nary a problem. FWIW I always go with the shorty brake lever because I only use two fingers on the brake. Makes blipping the throttle on downshifting less problematic, at least for me.

What does the Bi-Fold feature do for you? Supposed to rotate out of the way instead of grinding off/bending in the event of a slide. None of us plan on on this but at least in my case it does happen occasionally.
What does extendable mean and what is the advantage? Extendable means you can adjust them anywhere between shorty and full length. I've never used these before but I've got some on order for my new Ninja 1000 so I'm hoping they're useful. I tend to prefer the shorties - had them on the FZ1, have them on my track bike, and expect to set the new levers the same way once they arrive.

So no one has had the ones in the OP's link fail? They sure look nice. I could see black, gold, or blue all looking good in their own way on a red FJR.
Yes, my sets are all the '08 version...like the looks of the new '14 version, maybe it's time to spend another few bucks!

--G

I put a set of these cheap levers from the2wheels.com on my 2015 and so far I really like them. I was not happy that there is no bushing in the hole for the pivot screw on the clutch but otherwise they work and function very well so far. I find them to have a better contour and fit my hand better than the OEM levers but that is personal and may not be the same for someone else.