Resoling riding boots

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheAxeman

Reaction score
I've got a pair of Held riding boots that are similar in style to the Oxtar Matrix and they are probably the most comfortable boot I have ever worn. The problem is that the uppers are still in great shape but the soles are completely shot, probably from dragging my feet like Fred Flintstone to stop the bike. Is it worth having boots like this resoled or is the procedure as expensive as buying new? I have a brand new pair of Matrix sitting here that I've had for awhile but don't find them anywhere near as comfortable so if the Helds are worth fixing I thought I would try that route first.

My Oxtar boots have been retreaded twice. It cost me 40.00 each time and the soles were glued on. No problems either time. I am going to have to buy new this time cause the uppers are gone.

If the boots are good quality, re-soling is worth it.

Never had a pair of MC boots done, but have had my mountaineering "waffle stompers" re-soled 3 times... and I'll do it again as long as the uppers are still in good shape.

Griff

If the boots are good quality, re-soling is worth it.

Never had a pair of MC boots done, but have had my mountaineering "waffle stompers" re-soled 3 times... and I'll do it again as long as the uppers are still in good shape.

Griff