Rest in Peace Michael DeCaires 2-19-2021 Kingman Arizona

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MD707

Reaction score
It has been almost a year since my father passed away due to covid. He loved life, loved riding his FJR, and racked up a ton of miles on it.
Shortly after he passed on, I started looking for a new ride for myself...it had been 5 years since I had sold my ST1100. I bought a 2013 FJR and now I see why he loved it so much. It makes me feel a little closer to him when I am out riding on some back road looking for great places to take photos or just to stop and soak in the views. He was an avid fisherman like his father, and he loved to travel and share gifts with people.
I know he had many friends that he liked to ride with...both in Arizona and Oregon. I have yet to find any of them on this forum, but I am sure they are out there.
God Speed old man...I miss you!

Michael JR

Attachments

• michaeldecaires.jpg
    michaeldecaires.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 0
What a great post and remembrance to your father. I'm glad you feel closer to him and enjoy your new found love of the FJR. I hope you'll have many more great memories and thoughts about your father in your travels.

Take care.