Reuben Run #10

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello to all three of you!  Tyler, I am arriving Thursday evening and I guess that you will have left by that time.  Travel well and thanks for the smoke report.

Hello to all three of you!  Tyler, I am arriving Thursday evening and I guess that you will have left by that time.  Travel well and thanks for the smoke report.
Joe, I'll still be here Thursday evening so maybe we can catch a meal together! I'm even toying with the idea of staying an extra night so I can see everyone before having to leave for Bridgeport. :)

So many shirts and so few days. Ah, what the hell, pack all of them.

241512741_10159474023549628_5565421794952007887_n.jpg

Tyler, looking forward to catching up with you Thursday evening.  Sorry that I mis-read your earlier post about leaving on Friday.  Valerie and I have plans to meet up with Mark and Diana for dinner on Thursday if we arrive in time but we would welcome anyone who wants to join in.  I will keep Mark up to date on our ETA via text.  We plan to leave SoCal at 06:00H and are figuring on a roughly twelve-hour "commute".

Don, thanks for the link.  See you tomorrow!

Tyler, looking forward to catching up with you Thursday evening.  Sorry that I mis-read your earlier post about leaving on Friday.  Valerie and I have plans to meet up with Mark and Diana for dinner on Thursday if we arrive in time but we would welcome anyone who wants to join in.  I will keep Mark up to date on our ETA via text.  We plan to leave SoCal at 06:00H and are figuring on a roughly twelve-hour "commute".

If you put the pedal to the metal, I'll bet you can make it in ten hours. :punk:

You didn't misread it... I was originally planning on leaving on Friday but decided to stay an extra day so I could see more folks so will leave early on Saturday. See you sometime on Thursday!! :)

Due to inclement weather implications and my inability to get my chit together (I thought retirement meant more time!) we may take a short rip up to Paulina Lake for lunch. Otherwise enjoy the Thunderstorm and tell some lies!!

But do not miss the Friday night parking lot party or I will have to buy a new freezer for all the pulled pork I made!

JP

It’s steady rain today through central Oregon with breaks - I was going to do six hours from Maupin to LaPine via fossil and Prineville but maybe save that for later, and do a quick run down during a break in the weather. See you all soon.

It’s steady rain today through central Oregon with breaks - I was going to do six hours from Maupin to LaPine via fossil and Prineville but maybe save that for later, and do a quick run down during a break in the weather. See you all soon.
Good plan, already looking clearer to the SW...

Just a report on how things turned out re: smoke.

Thursday night the air was terrible in LaPine.  You could barely see the fast food joint on the other side of the highway.  I think the AQI reported by Apple was over 300.

Friday night we had a pretty good rain (thanks to FJRays orders) and it was MUCH better by Friday morning.  

Friday and Saturday were nice days for riding, sitting, relaxing, telling BS stories, whatever.  We got a good whiff of fire on top of Mackenzie Pass on Friday afternoon, but it was pretty much gone by the time we got back to Bend.

Sunday morning - 35 frickin degrees at 7:00AM!  I haven't been that cold for 8 months or so :)    Me and Brodie headed south and by the time we hit Redding by about 10:00AM it was over 90 degrees again.

Thursday night the air was terrible in LaPine.  You could barely see the fast food joint on the other side of the highway.  I think the AQI reported by Apple was over 300.

Friday night we had a pretty good rain (thanks to FJRays orders) and it was MUCH better by Friday morning.  

Friday and Saturday were nice days for riding, sitting, relaxing, telling BS stories, whatever.  We got a good whiff of fire on top of Mackenzie Pass on Friday afternoon, but it was pretty much gone by the time we got back to Bend.

Sunday morning - 35 frickin degrees at 7:00AM!  I haven't been that cold for 8 months or so :)    Me and Brodie headed south and by the time we hit Redding by about 10:00AM it was over 90 degrees again.
Quit your bitching, two days later it was 27 degrees in the AM.

Kind of laughing at this as I felt like I was in a Croc Pot for a couple of weeks after leaving home 0n 8/23 to ride the Trifecta (NAFO, YFO & the Reuben Run).

We headed for the Auburn CA area after leaving Bridgeport (YFO) and spent the night with friends. The next day we headed for the coast spending the night in Fort Bagg. while on the way we hit some 70 degree weather and I felt a bit cold, it put a big smile on my face!

Easier to ride in 40 to 50 degree weather and dress for it than ride in 100 degree weather.