Not a "Reuben Run" but "The Last Hurrah" - Labor Day Weekend 1-5 September 2022

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigjohnsd

2021 BMW R1250GSA
Reaction score
The "Last Hurrah" of FJRay and his Reuben Run will be held Labor Day Weekend Thursday 1 September thru Monday 5 September 2022 at the Best Western LaPine OR.

I have reserved all the Double Queen Rooms available (22) and (5) single rooms under the Group "Reuben Run".

Phil Roberts - the Manager was most helpful and was surprised to learn of Ray's untimely demise.

We have clearance to use the Breakfast Room for our Memorial Dinner on Saturday evening at no additional charge.
I will coordinate with Joel at the Harvest Depot to arrange for a suitable dinner. Details to follow.

Rooms can and should be arranged soonest by calling the Best Western LaPine at 541-536-5130.
Double Queen and Single Rooms are $121.00 plus tax.
If you have an issue ask to speak with "Phil"!

There is a 48-hour cancellation policy on these rooms due to it being Labor Day Weekend.

Working with Extremarine (Wayne) to establish a Web portal for registration (free) for attendance. primarily needed so "JP" will have enough food for the Friday Night Parking Lot Social (funded by donation) and a Pay Portal for pre-payment for Dinner on Saturday night.

There will be Tee-Shirts, direct purchase by those that want them, we will have them shipped to the motel and distribute them there.

Details on Registration, Dinner, and Tee-Shirts are forthcoming around July 4th when I get back from the Yukon.

I will update this first post as more details of this "Last Hurrah" for Ray emerge.

Last edited:
Hi John,

With the holiday behind us I will be calling you today or tomorrow. One thing I did for last years gathering was to put together a "flyer" memorial for Patti and as such ended up with Rays login at Custom Ink which will allow me to utilize past artwork and get a shirt set up for the 22 RR. Assuming I have the families blessing to utilize the account, of course I would edit any payment info to bill to me.

I have attached a copy of the flyer I made last year if anyone is interested.

JP

Attachments

• 10 Years.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 29
Booked a room at the Best Western today. Glad to learn that all the Double Queen rooms are already taken. Sure to be a good gathering!
Sam, glad to see you are coming.
I don't think all of the Double Queen Rooms are actually booked.
There have been several issues with the ladies not understanding the process to utilize the Blocked Rooms.
I'll check with the manager again.

John

Sam, glad to see you are coming.
I don't think all of the Double Queen Rooms are actually booked.
There have been several issues with the ladies not understanding the process to utilize the Blocked Rooms.
I'll check with the manager again.

John
I paniced when I read that also but I assume that when he wrote "taken" that he meant blocked since the Best Western still shows double queen room available.

Hi John,

With the holiday behind us I will be calling you today or tomorrow. One thing I did for last years gathering was to put together a "flyer" memorial for Patti and as such ended up with Rays login at Custom Ink which will allow me to utilize past artwork and get a shirt set up for the 22 RR. Assuming I have the families blessing to utilize the account, of course I would edit any payment info to bill to me.

I have attached a copy of the flyer I made last year if anyone is interested.

JP
You certainly have mine!

Thanks for taking the lead on this John!

Room booked. Let me know if there is anything we can do.

Just finished a massive project at work and my mind is slowly returning to normal.

Greg