Reuben Run 7

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right after the WCR on Vancouver Island (and into the third week in September), a few of us rode from Jasper to Banff on the Icefields Parkway, overnighting at Sunwapta Falls. While the weather was clear and sunny, dawn temps hovered just at freezing, so we waited a couple hours for things to warm up a bit before riding on. No idea how typical this weather was.

But it's a trip not to be missed!
thumbsup.gif

Hey, postpone lifting anything for this shindig until I get there.
coolsmiley02.gif
I'll be happy to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reservation made... had to miss the last couple of RRs so time to rectify that.

Uncle Hud... the prior weekend, I'll be in Bridgeport for an annual ride that I organize... will head to RR from there... let me know if you're interested and I can send you details... right smack dab in the middle of the most amazing CA passes (Sonora, Ebbetts, Tioga, etc.) and some other tasty roads and scenery nearby as well. B)

Tyler posted: Uncle Hud... the prior weekend, I'll be in Bridgeport for an annual ride that I organize... will head to RR from there... let me know if you're interested and I can send you details... right smack dab in the middle of the most amazing CA passes (Sonora, Ebbetts, Tioga, etc.) and some other tasty roads and scenery nearby as well.
cool.png
Hmmmm. Was going to arrive via Montana and the north, departing via California to the south. Could easily reverse the route. May also be riding alongside 1911, so will look for his input.

Uncle Hud... the prior weekend, I'll be in Bridgeport for an annual ride that I organize... will head to RR from there... let me know if you're interested and I can send you details... right smack dab in the middle of the most amazing CA passes (Sonora, Ebbetts, Tioga, etc.) and some other tasty roads and scenery nearby as well.
cool.png
I think I'll try to get my shit together for the RR early and ride down for this shindig.
smile.png

Tyler posted: Uncle Hud... the prior weekend, I'll be in Bridgeport for an annual ride that I organize... will head to RR from there... let me know if you're interested and I can send you details... right smack dab in the middle of the most amazing CA passes (Sonora, Ebbetts, Tioga, etc.) and some other tasty roads and scenery nearby as well.
cool.png
Hmmmm. Was going to arrive via Montana and the north, departing via California to the south. Could easily reverse the route. May also be riding alongside 1911, so will look for his input.
This time, and this time of year, chances are good the roads will all be open, unlike at YFO For snow anyway. At least, for this winter's snow. Who knows if next winter's snow will be early? And then, of course, we don't know anything about fires yet.
rolleyes.gif
Ah, what the heck. Come anyway! See you in La Pine, and maybe Bridgeport too. Sonora Pass (108) is in my current top 2 of Cali roads. And maybe you can catch the other on the way up to--or back from--Ray's (hint: it's the coast road, Hwy 1, north end.)

SacramentoMike posted: ..... this time of year, chances are good the roads will all be open, unlike at YFO For snow anyway. At least, for this winter's snow. Who knows if next winter's snow will be early?
Jeebus, man! "Chances are good"???? In mid-September? Yeah, I understand about crossing high-elevation passes ... but snow??? Fires, mudslides, almost-failing dams, and now snow?

On a more serious note: Will be trying a lot of the curvy stuff out thataways. Thanks for the tips.

We have a BMW rally in Markleeville the same time as Tyler's Bridgeport ride. Three or so years ago, we had a snow and hail storm on Sonora Pass (108) while a bunch of bikes were at the peak. The hail was like ball bearings! As I recall, three bikes went down and suffered significant damage. On the way up to the rally last year, there was a severe hailstorm, several cars crashed, Hwy 88 was closed and we had to turn around and head back home. Yes, the weather in the Sierras can be unpredictable but the roads are the best!

SacramentoMike posted: ..... this time of year, chances are good the roads will all be open, unlike at YFO For snow anyway. At least, for this winter's snow. Who knows if next winter's snow will be early?
Jeebus, man! "Chances are good"???? In mid-September? Yeah, I understand about crossing high-elevation passes ... but snow??? Fires, mudslides, almost-failing dams, and now snow?

On a more serious note: Will be trying a lot of the curvy stuff out thataways. Thanks for the tips.
No worries Hud the Reuben is worth whatever you have to endure to get here and you get to see ME.
rolleyes.gif
uhoh.gif
Makes you question your sanity doesn't it.
no.gif

Uncle Hud... the prior weekend, I'll be in Bridgeport for an annual ride that I organize... will head to RR from there... let me know if you're interested and I can send you details... right smack dab in the middle of the most amazing CA passes (Sonora, Ebbetts, Tioga, etc.) and some other tasty roads and scenery nearby as well.
cool.png
I think I'll try to get my shit together for the RR early and ride down for this shindig.
smile.png
I did both last year, nice time. I'm looking forward to this year again.

Don, I think it's time to add your video from an LaPine event. JSNS
Well I for one, don't want to see my face on any video from those sordid affairs.

Odot was just a summer love and I really don't want to be reminded of that.
bad.gif
You may not want to be reminded but there were a lot of witnesses. You could have at least gone to your room. There are folks that are scared for life from that display of brotherly love.
rolleyes.gif
uhoh.gif