Reuben Run #8

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to cancel my booking... My FJR just isn't there anymore ready to ride... Every time I think I have it fixed something new shows up and the total costs just add up so badly I'm forced to pass on this fine event... Not the summer I was expecting with my bike at all...

On the good side - there is one more room for booking available.

Ok guys. So my fjr is down. I blew up the transmission. Before the trans blew up, I had been getting a lot of fuel in my oil and my mpg was absolutely horrible even though it was still running ok. Got a free doner motor that we all thought had a cracked head and figured that I would just put my head on it. I found out that it wasn't the cracked head but it was the cylinder wall had a massive chunk taken out of the side. Still not sure how that happen when the top of the piston and the valves look just fine. I haven't pulled things about to check the rings on it. I was going to put rings on my old motor and swap out the transmission but first decided to mic all the cylinders. All the cylinders are way out of spec. It would be little bandaid on a big gash. Anyway, I'll be driving down and borrowing a local bike unless I find another option.

Carl

Just reserved a room! The run down will be interesting - I have a herniated disc which has put a major cramp to my riding, so there is a good chance if my therapy doesn’t pan out soon, I may be driving down, with a bike in the back of the truck. I can do 200 miles before it gets tough, so it puts an interesting option on the table. Namely, bring down a bike I can ride that is fun but only good for 200 miles. Or a Monkey. Sure as hell won’t be trucking the FJR and wrestling it down the ramps.

Decisions decisions.

Just reserved a room! The run down will be interesting - I have a herniated disc which has put a major cramp to my riding, so there is a good chance if my therapy doesn’t pan out soon, I may be driving down, with a bike in the back of the truck. I can do 200 miles before it gets tough, so it puts an interesting option on the table. Namely, bring down a bike I can ride that is fun but only good for 200 miles. Or a Monkey. Sure as hell won’t be trucking the FJR and wrestling it down the ramps. Decisions decisions.

Bed found - Thanks Marty
Place is going down the tubes quick, JSNS
default_smile.png

I'm sorry to say, but because of health reasons I'm having to cancel this year. I was sharing with CraigRegs, so if a room is needed, you might check with Craig. Have fun everyone.

Sorry you can't make it. Heal up and come next time. There will be a couple more.

Just reserved a room! The run down will be interesting - I have a herniated disc which has put a major cramp to my riding, so there is a good chance if my therapy doesn’t pan out soon, I may be driving down, with a bike in the back of the truck. I can do 200 miles before it gets tough, so it puts an interesting option on the table. Namely, bring down a bike I can ride that is fun but only good for 200 miles. Or a Monkey. Sure as hell won’t be trucking the FJR and wrestling it down the ramps. Decisions decisions.
Stick with me kid, and you'll do fine. I'll be test riding the KZ1300 and R69s.
default_whistle.gif

<p>Fontanaman" data-cid="1423106" data-time="1566336677</p></blockquote><br />

<br />

<br />

In!</p>
Jim, we can discuss the VStrom Sprocket wear over a libation or two.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok guys. So my fjr is down. I blew up the transmission. Before the trans blew up, I had been getting a lot of fuel in my oil and my mpg was absolutely horrible even though it was still running ok. Got a free doner motor that we all thought had a cracked head and figured that I would just put my head on it. I found out that it wasn't the cracked head but it was the cylinder wall had a massive chunk taken out of the side. Still not sure how that happen when the top of the piston and the valves look just fine. I haven't pulled things about to check the rings on it. I was going to put rings on my old motor and swap out the transmission but first decided to mic all the cylinders. All the cylinders are way out of spec. It would be little bandaid on a big gash. Anyway, I'll be driving down and borrowing a local bike unless I find another option.
Carl
Get a little jbweld, glob some on there, wait an hour, file it down with a rat tail file, then sand for finish!

Carl
Get a little jbweld, glob some on there, wait an hour, file it down with a rat tail file, then sand for finish!
I think Don has been tilting a bit??

Noob question here, I'm trying to plan my days away from work for this. Is this accurate for a schedule?

Thursday: (me) Ride from Seattle to LaPine

Friday / Saturday: Reuben Run!

Sunday: (me) Ride back to Seattle