Reuben Run #9

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All them photos went up in smoke!

We back, thanks again Ray for an amazing event, looking forward to #10 next year. 

Thanks Ray and Patti for another great event. 

the smoke was pretty tough.  We didn’t bother getting the camera out. 

I would like to thank everyone that made the trip, it could have been an easy "too much of this or that for me" but I was impressed with the turnout!

Similarly I would like to thank those that made the Friday night parkin lot party for their generous donations! While attendance was down your appreciation shone thru in our "TIPPING IS NOT A CITY IN CHINA" bucket! Your tips covered Rays Spicy Dip, The pulled pork, drinks to order and even covered the propane that eased the not so global warning temps of La Pine nights in September!

Thank you for braving the not ideal riding conditions and coming together to represent not only the FJR community but the camaraderie that is the motorcycle way of life! 

Mel and I would like to also thank Ray and Patty for all their hard work and all those that came together to help us with set up and tear down!

JP

Yep, great time indeed. Thanks to the Slocum clan and JP and his crew. No lack of good food, drinks and friends..

Great to see the crew again! Smoke on the way home was brutal...my black 'stich is now gray. Thanks to Ray and Patti and all involved for setting up another fun event.

~G

I doubt there are many pictures cause the only thing to see was smoke.

I'm going to put in a special order for no smoke next year for what I think will be the last RR. 

It was ugly as hell, Don.  I didn't ride much, but a run up to Bend for tires let me gauge the visibility from the smoke.  I'd say I had to get within 1/4 mile of a highway sign before it was clear enough to read at all.  At points on the way home, south on 97, you couldn't see an approaching car at all, even with lights on, till it was within a mile.  And the ride the day before, up through Cali, was so much worse.  The sky was a deep red-orange all the way to Redding.  It honest to god looked like the apocalypse.  (If you saw the Seth Rogan movie "This Is The End,", the sky looked like that.)

But the rally and the spirit were great, good food Friday and Saturday (Thanks JD and Mel, and Ray for all the leg-work).  Eagle-eyed friends identified a scary-bald back tire on my bike, and that led to that ride up to Bend to the Yammy dealer there.  RedneckJ offered to help me (read: "do it for me") change the tire out, and Gordon/Alrider was inspired to look at his own back tire and saw it was worse than mine, so he needed one too.  Ray offered the use of his shop and equipment (thank you sir) for the work, so we all took our new rubber over there where Jay and Gordon proceeded to change BOTH rear tires!  Thank you guys two million!  One of them also noticed bad squishy-ness on my brake pedal, so they also ended up bleeding the lines and changing out the fluid.  Kind of felt a lot safer riding back, and home, with actual tread on my tires and working brakes.  Good friends.

Anyway, last to leave on Sunday, as usual, and into the damn smoke.  No delays getting into Cali, but the two roads--US199 and CA96--that I could have taken over to the coast from I-5 (wanted to stop by my daughter's in Eureka) were both closed by fires!  And both fires were still burning unattended.  No crews could yet be spared for either, or plenty of others, I'm afraid.  So I didn't make the coast, and got home with red eyes and sore lungs.  And a sore ass, for that matter.  But it was still a pretty damn good time.  Good seeing you all.

We spent Thursday night in Maupin, OR. It was tough but we managed to enjoy ourselves.

119428572_10158677179374628_4106153265558650463_o.jpg

Friday through Tuesday this was our view most of the time. 

119527466_10158677178199628_6829903487896911553_o.jpg

Thanks for making this happen Big Guy. Lots of work for you but wonderful for us.

Also want to thank the group I rode with and Panman for leading us astray.

See all of you folks next year.

Latest posts