Ride and Camp the Coast

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnny80s

Turtle Gears
Reaction score
As some of you know my Utah trip has been canceled. My buddy could not go due to health reasons. I decided to change the trip and I am looking for a friend that would like to ride up the coast from San Diego. I want to do some riding and camping. You will need to bring your own tent. I want to make a new friend but I don't want to get too close. I have never ridden the coast and would really like to check it out. I am an easy going rider and don't mind stopping. I want to enjoy the trip, relax and see some beautiful coast line. I wanted to go sometime during the week of April 11th to the 18th. I am flexible on the time. I was thinking about going for three days but I am flexible on that too.

If anyone is interested let me know.

ok if i can stay in a hotel and you can camp on the grassy median i will go.i like my back just the way it is.lol

Ok i am in, but NOOOOOOO camping for me either.

Monterey the first night. We can ride up north of San Fran the next day and then head back and spend the night by fishermans wharf and home on Tuesday.

Simon you in?

Bill, John do you have a price cap on hotel rooms?

R

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope he enjoys that, bill and I will be in a bar somewhere waiting for him to come to his senses.

R

Hey, when you bastages sort this out, and get finished with all the spooning, let us know, and maybe a rendezvous can be arranged. Depending upon the exact dates, of course. It would be rude of ya'll to come through here, and not make contact. :D

yeah right Michael because you would never do such a thing right.....

We are coming up Monday the 13th and leaving SF wednesday morning the 15th.

R

John, Bill here is a little ride for day 2 (Tuesday 14th) what do you think?

R

John, Bill here is a little ride for day 2 (Tuesday 14th) what do you think?

R
========

Richard,

There are some great roads and you are going to miss them all if you stay on 101 to SF......... maybe I take the day off and we go play on some

of my roads.................. :D :rolleyes:

.. asskickin twisties or comfortable sweepers, maybe a quick stop up at Alices restaurant....

BETTER ROUTE CLICKY

then you go on your spooning way and I will head back to San Jose.......

B.

Okay boys, so have you sorted this thing out yet - the Tuesday part/route/approximate times?

And have you considered going just a bit farther north and taking Stewarts Point/Skaggs Springs Road back from the coast to 101?

Either way, that'll be a long day of leaning and pushing before the grind back down to SoCal.

My concern is genuine. (Looks like the weather will be just right.)

Michael I did think about going up to Skaggs Road but it just made it to long of a day and cut down on the drinking time in SF.

We are spending Monday night in Monterey and Tuesday in SF, we are having dinner at Harris's steak house at Van Ness and Pacific Tuesday evening if anyone wants to join us.

R