Ride and Camp the Coast

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Richard, I can't get the time away from work for this, but I'll see ya'll in early May when you come back up.

And besides, I know you like your private time when you're on the road with forum friends.

Menintentcopy.jpg

...we are having dinner at Harris's steak house at Van Ness and Pacific Tuesday evening if anyone wants to join us?R
What time, Rich?

You're spending a lot of time on Hwy 101 I see. I would recommend spending that time on some of the other great roads to the west between 101 and the coast.

Hans

Last edited by a moderator:
...we are having dinner at Harris's steak house at Van Ness and Pacific Tuesday evening if anyone wants to join us?R
What time, Rich?

You're spending a lot of time on Hwy 101 I see. I would recommend spending that time on some of the other great roads to the west between 101 and the coast.

Hans
Hans send me you cell number and i will call you when i know.

My guess is about 6.30-7 you wanna join us?

R

Richard, I can't get the time away from work for this, but I'll see ya'll in early May when you come back up.And besides, I know you like your private time when you're on the road with forum friends.

Menintentcopy.jpg
That is just disturbing.
U think that's disturbing.... Substitute your mug in place of Skooterg's! :dribble:

Rich, on your way to your motel in San Francisco from your day's ride, with very negligible detour or time you can catch a spectacular view of the city and SF Bay.

Heading south on Hwy 101, just before you get on the Golden Gate Bridge, take the last exit before the bridge. Head up the hill about 4 minutes per Google maps. You'll see turnouts on the way up, but keep going, past a fork that goes off to the right (continue left). Stop where it levels off and there's a gun emplacement tunnel to your right. Head back the same way down the hill.

Here's the Google map link.

Here are some pics of the view:

3431525941_5603463c7e_b.jpg

3432340300_d41fe840f2_b.jpg

3431527701_a1463abaff_b.jpg

You have to walk through the tunnel to see this one (below). (For those with a bathroom issue :rolleyes: , there's a porta-potty there too.)

3431535545_f6fc8a6b5d_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Michael I did think about going up to Skaggs Road but it just made it to long of a day and cut down on the drinking time in SF.
Now that IS a shame. Skaggs Springs Rd of course is one of the most famous motorcycle roads in California, and for good reason.

I dug up a couple of videos I shot of Skaggs. One is from the stop sign to the bridge downhill, the other from the bridge to the stop sign up hill.

Note the broad, well-maintained road surface and lack of cross streets or driveways.

To get an idea of the fun, note the angle of the horizon as it goes from level up against the top of the video frame on the turns. These are wide sweepers, BTW, so not technically as challenging as, say, RsvFeej likes.

Bridge to the Stop Sign

Stop Sign to the Bridge

JB

I am going to be up there again in May so i can do it then or in June when we will be back there yet again.........

R

Hey guys........ its Friday and we want some pics of your trip!!

come on Richard.... spooning ain't cheatin.......... ;>

B

Richard, when are you going to be up north again? I'm riding through SanFran w/ a buddy the weekend of May 16 and it would be cool to say hi!

Richard, when are you going to be up north again? I'm riding through SanFran w/ a buddy the weekend of May 16 and it would be cool to say hi!
===========

Lets see......... fatnakedguy... a ride with Richard.... near frisco.....

I hear two banjos playing........ :lol: :lol: :dribble:

B.

I will be in Carson City May 7th, leaving on the 10th heading to meet Brian and up to Red Bluff, then Tuesday we are heading to the coast and down to SF.

R

Latest posts