Ride-in Plans for NERDS '13

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Top_Speed1

Panama Canal Crosser
Reaction score
We're now a Month away from NERDS '13. Some of us non-locals may want to do a little pre Rally Ride-in trip planning. A similar thread worked well for the past CFR Rally.

Here's my Ride-in plans (post yours or comments r always welcome)... and yes I'm bored, I wanna be a rally ho!
smile.png

Anyone who wants to hookup on this route with us is more than welcome! Here's the tentative (flexible) plans, picking up on mid/upstate NY. If anyone needs accommodations for the mid-stay (Tuesday nite prior to kickstand liftoff on Weds AM) I will help in anyway possible, cheap hotels and/or even cheaper ...my house/couch or whatever u chose -or- for you cozy private couples
wink.png
I will have my 35' camper setup in my driveway (slideouts will be out, all setup as I am taking it to Ocean City, MD right after I get back from this Rally).

Tues Nite 8/13:

Bike'n & BBQ'n Nite, Dewey's Party House Seneca Falls, NY.

A little pre- kick-off KJ sty-lee. $10 BBQ (all u can eat) WITH 2-drink chips (alcohol included!). Live Band outdoors and Bikes get reserved up-front parking. If your cheap like my buddy Stan, this is a sure take-in. It's early too, starts at 7pm which is good for us having to be up early...

sign.jpg

Weds AM 8/14:

Kicks up early (7am?) (Noon-ish now updated, see below threads) for our day trip across the 'Dacks n through the woods...

NERDS_Ride-in_zps108f3021.jpg

No highways or toll roads. GPS has it as an 8.5hr trip. I usually find this can be snipped but with stops thrown in, maybe 9 or so hours.

A- Central NY hookup. KJ's (top speed) house or anywhere, we could also meet up at a breakfast hole etc.

B- Cayuga Lake (reference only)

C- Sylvan Beach (gas/stretch?)

D- Van's Tavern; Barnefeld NY (for the worlds largest/cheapest burgers)

E- Daikers Old Forge/Eagle Bay. My favorite snowmobiling watering-hole/eatery. Good Iced-Tea photo-op stop w huge overlook deck and of course gorgeous upper lake views.

l.jpg

F- Tail of the Pup BBQ. Outdoors, very Bike friendly. Food is not that awesome but the atmosphere is!

front-of-restaurant.jpg

F2- Lake Placid

Photo op stop (very quaint but expensive lil town) and for the newbs; a short walk though downtown will get the bbq bean stench out of your pants before we ride into VT. [this is an optional stop; only if we have newbies]

main_street_night.jpg

G- Da famous Tracey Rd. Now tagged as a "must ride twisty" in the North East. One of the reasons my route "twists" this way
wink.png

H- NERDS. Commodores Inn, Stowe, VT. We wanna roll-in late afternoon for check-in and get the social hour rolling. Steamer always gets antsy at our last stop that somebody may already be drinking a beer at the Rally before us. (and they usually are!)

photobucket-8718-1345560982511.jpg

and the plans now get formed n take shape...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey KJ. Thanks for starting this thread!. I know how hard it is to herd cats for something like this!

I plan to be there on at Dewey's Party House Seneca Falls, NY on Tues Night 8/13. From there, I will be a lemming and let the adventure begin!

MIKE

You are inked-in buddy!

More than welcome to stay the night over at my house and save on the hotel (you PM'd me about). The upper loft is under major construction/revamp with scaffolding so the upstairs bedrooms are not too accessible BUT you can have the entire downstairs which is very spacious, sure you can be comfy on the couch or as said I also have the 5th wheel setup which is not under any kind of construction lol.

**UPDATE**

Since there is no NERDS Tech day or Kick-off Campfire/weenie roast night ...as last year
sad.png

...We don't need to be in such a big ass hurry to flip up the kicks. So we will now take-in the 'Daks a lil more and make it a full fun-filled ride-in day
smile.png

I would like to arrive in Stowe by dark or close to however.

Since we don't have to be up by the crack of ass anymore.... Thinking more like a bigger cocktail night at Deweys BBQ (TBH- the announcement of the band [below] helped me in this as well). Then in the morning a BloodyMary w full breakfast (Weds AM.) before we blast? As mentioned in 1st post, anyone needing the stay-over (Tues nite 8/13)... my 5th wheel will be setup and available! (as long as your not a bedwetter lol).

So if some peeps [Non-Pre-Kickoff Tues nite participants] wanna meet up in CNY around say 11am (even Noonish) Weds, we will probably be zoned-in and tweaked to roll out. Whipping up a Pre kick-off is part of the ride and experience, it's what kicks it off baby! (and we have no campfire anymore anyways!). Understand those who cannot or do not want this much fun, hey, tag on Weds then!

*Update*

Deweys Bik'n n BBQ nite (Tues 8/13): Band is Emerald City (Long haired Journey copy band). Seen them before, not many can hit Steve Perry's notes, these guys can and do and they have a phat/punchy sound with vivid visuals incl vari-lites, fog n lasers.

topnav_r2_c4_s1.jpg

Hey $10 lousy bucks! (Wine Guy; that's US$10)
wink.png
You get BBQ; Chickn, Ribs, PulledPork etc. + fix'ns up the arse (All u can friggen eat!) including 2 drink chips (anything but gray goose, kettle-one etc) and friggen good live entertainment! The 2 drinks alone are almost worth the $10, WTF!

(not affiliated but I worked out a deal where I get $9 of every $10 that I bring in!) ..Okay, sure KJ!
wink.png

-Yeah, getting excited as we are closing in on 1-week to go! YAHOOIE!

This sounds like fun! It would be an all day slab-blast on Tuesday for me to make close to you for the am kickstand up. I fly home from Denver on Monday. So, depending on my flight, weather, etc. I might leave Monday eve to get a head start or just blast Tuesday to get close enough to meet you in the morning.

Edit:

You updated while I was typing! What time will KU be on Wednesday? I may even make BBQ night depending.

This sounds like fun! It would be an all day slab-blast on Tuesday for me to make close to you for the am kickstand up. I fly home from Denver on Monday. So, depending on my flight, weather, etc. I might leave Monday eve to get a head start or just blast Tuesday to get close enough to meet you in the morning.
So you don't numb your ass 2 hard humping to get here, try to at least meet us for the Weds late morning or noon blast-off?. I know you want the entertainment I have planned for Tues nite (and like what NERD wouldn't?) but we have this later kicks-up time now on Weds which just might fit your ride schedule better.

TUES NITE- House and big ass (new, not nasty) 35' camper (still not spoken for?) is open for my FJR guests (Steamer n his Kawasuckie excluded!). :) and NO donations excepted, I just wanna have fun, let's kickoff the last Stowe VT. NERDS the FJR passionate kicked-up way.

Gonna need addresses and #'s. I'll probably bet at the starting point Wednesday morning. If I make it Tuesday I'll be in for BBQ.

PM me.

So you don't numb your ass 2 hard humping to get here, try to at least meet us for the Weds late morning or noon blast-off?. I know you want the entertainment I have planned for Tues nite (and like what NERD wouldn't?) but we have this later kicks-up time now on Weds which just might fit your ride schedule better.

TUES NITE- House and big ass (new, not nasty) 35' camper (still not spoken for?) is open for my FJR guests (Steamer n his Kawasuckie excluded!).
smile.png
and NO donations excepted, I just wanna have fun, let's kickoff the last Stowe VT. NERDS the FJR passionate kicked-up way.
Kawasuckie? Hey....I resemble that remark! Nyuk, Nyuk.

TUES NITE- House and big ass (new, not nasty) 35' camper (still not spoken for?) is open for my FJR guests (Steamer n his Kawasuckie excluded!).
smile.png
and NO donations excepted, I just wanna have fun, let's kickoff the last Stowe VT. NERDS the FJR passionate kicked-up way.
Sorry Charlie, I will line up another "lap dance" for ya again with a pretty young girl.... the least I can do!

photobucket-20475-1345561740940.jpg

Hey KJ! I'll put dibs on the basement at your place for Tuesday night. Don't smother me if I start snoring.
lazy.gif

PM me with your co-ordinates and I'll punch them into the newly acquired SWEEEEET GPS from CFR in Huntsville!

Hey KJ! I'll put dibs on the basement at your place for Tuesday night. Don't smother me if I start snoring.
lazy.gif

PM me with your co-ordinates and I'll punch them into the newly acquired SWEEEEET GPS from CFR in Huntsville!
PM Address? Done! .

..yeah buddy, use that new Gips!

I got 3 spare bedrooms upstairs but right now they r kinda blocked off by the scaffolding (rooms are accessed by the loft which is under destruction!). We still got plenty of room plus a 10ft couch in the living room, not to mention the 5th wheel with 2 separate rooms w 2 queen size beds.

Maybe Yamafitter and you can snatchup the camper, there's a door between the 2 bedrooms in it so snoring shouldn't be a problem.
lazy.gif

We may have 0Face as well (if he can make the Tues deal), if not, Marty will join us for the ride-in on Weds.

smile.png
Sorry Charlie, I will line up another "lap dance" for ya again with a pretty young girl.... the least I can do!

photobucket-20475-1345561740940.jpg
Ok, but this time, can she sit on MY lap?

Here's the updated map for our Weds Noon-ish kicks-up (very scenic, good grub spots and definitely sum twisty fun!).

I PM'd you guys my address/phone & text . Remember my cell# is different than my text#

CNY-NERDS Ride-in Attendees (so far):

Mike (Wine Guy) Tues nite

Bill (Yamafitter) Tues nite

Marty (0Face) Trying for Tues, or def Weds Kicks-up

Stan-lee (Steamer) Tues

Bill (MotoBill) Tues [may have g/f issues w him going w/o her]... sounds familiar
wink.png

KJ & Debbie (Speed/Shooz) Tues

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tues NIte after BBQ (9pm). Bring your (hi-resi) camera's as we head back to KJ's house slash campgrounds. I got a special dealio cooked up for a photo-op with your bikes AFTER the BBQ. It's a never been done before FJR photo-op event and one that will wow you n you'll wanna have your pics (night or dark imagery optimization suggested)

I can't tell ya u ding dongs, it's a sue-prize!... I will throw ya some bones...

--It's not a pack of strippers sorry, I mean dancers that will swarm your bike with glitter n sparklies. (this idea did sound good tho! Anyway, It's been done before AND more importantly my G/F will be present!)

--It will wow you but not in the trousers as above (I know, what good is it then?)

--Music, Alcohol and Campfire will accompany the photo-op and like most things... compliment it.

I will have Everclear (190proof) shotz lined up at this event for the boyz who really like their belly's warmed up. Junior Johnson's Apple-pie moonshine for the lighter weights
wink.png
and I will supply an assortment of brews. I do expect my Canadian friends to show us damn Yankees on how to have real funn. Remember, we can sleep (Mike will snore) in late, like 9 or even 10ish. We only have a late breakfast to fit in before kicks-up <and> we need to be totally sober by then!

PS. No leftover moonshine in your tank either, you've already got a way faster better bike than Steamers Ninja14
tonguesmiley.gif

EDIT IN: (Stan gave me 10 bucks if I would cross out the faster part).

Disclaimer: Alcohol consuming/usage at this event is for my guests staying overnite only! Absolutely no driving or riding permitted or allowed after we get back from the BBQ. So you may be asked to throw your keys into the hat. Let's all be safe.

PS. No leftover moonshine in your tank either, you've already got a way faster better bike than Steamers Ninja14
tonguesmiley.gif
EDIT IN: (Stan gave me 10 bucks if I would cross out the faster part).
You should have held out for at least $20.

Sounds like I'll have leave early Tuesday and put the hammer down.
uhoh.gif
Back it down through Pennsylvania. The State Troopers are known to shoot first and write tickets later.

Hey, does this look right? I have it in GPX, GDB, and S&T 2013. PM me your email if you want the file.

KJ2Com.jpg

KJ sent me the link to Google Maps and I now have the route loaded into the Zumo along with all the routes from NERDS 2012.