Ride-in Plans for NERDS '13

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, does this look right? I have it in GPX, GDB, and S&T 2013. PM me your email if you want the file.
KJ2Com.jpg
Sometimes those conversions get all funked-up, but yours looks spot-on.

I converted the (googlemaps) .KML to .TRP (I use Co-Pilot GPS). Mine looks the same as yours minus all those black dots (which won't bother a thing).

@Bill- Stan needs to get computer friendly and get online with us. Oh wait, he's too cheap to pay for the internet access ;)

Thinking about it. Will depend on work and weather (and if I think my tires are good for the extra 700 miles). Sending a PM.

Ross

Thinking about it. Will depend on work and weather (and if I think my tires are good for the extra 700 miles). Sending a PM.
Ross
You surely R welcome to join this Canucky/Yankee misfit gang group. And U Canadians may just out number us Amerks!

PM sent w address/phone.

Everybody (whom wants it) now should have this map in their Gips. I know Steamer for example is a follower so he could care less
wink.png

NERDS_Ride-in_zps108f3021.jpg

Some tentative pinpoint/plans. Me or Fitter (or basically anybody except Stan-lee) may alter this as we go, but we probably will pretty much stay on course.

A -> B: [10mi] Cayuga Lake (Quick helmet-on roadside stop; if your comm system isn't working, undies wedged etc... fix it here!)

B -> C: [68mi] Sylvan Beach. (short Leg stretch/gas )

C -> D: [33mi] Van's Tavern. (home of the amazing plate size burger... cheap!)

D -> E: [43mi] Daikers. Photo-op/gas/Iced-Tea stop +Big Moose Yamaha is Xcross the road if ya need anything.

E -> F: [86mi] Lake Placid (alternatively- if we skip Van's {D} for lunch this could be lunch stop; "Tail o' pup BBQ)

F -> G: [35mi] Tracy Rd. Once we cross I-87, a quick group photo stop in front of the "Tracy Rd. sign" then we get at the twisties
smile.png

G -> H: [87mi] No more sightseeing (you will surely remember "the Tracy" however) so it's straight on to Stowe.

Since we have approx 370mi and with not a whole ton of time, our stops will have to be kind of limited/quick. The longest stop; "lunch" I would like to keep it under an hour. I know there's nothing planned at NERDS for Weds nite but we do wanna get there and relax hopefully around dark.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since we have approx 370mi and with not a whole ton of time, our stops will have to be kind of limited/quick. The longest stop; "lunch" I would like to keep it under an hour. I know there's nothing planned at NERDS for Weds nite but we do wanna get there and relax hopefully around dark.
We really should to be in Stowe before dark since having Stan-lee showing up in the dark might scare the kids. We also don't want to cut into any of the apres ride refreshment time.

We really should to be in Stowe before dark since having Stan-lee showing up in the dark might scare the kids. We also don't want to cut into any of the apres ride refreshment time.
Before dark werkks for me more so for the libation part n relax before bed.

...Steamer scary? LMAO (Can u say "Uncle Fester"?)

brail-fester1.jpg

Only thing is (now) I told my g/f (debbie) we weren't leaving till Noonish, so she is going into her work for a half day (she's teaching summer school). We also may have some stragglers showing up (weds. tag-ons) as I posted and PM'd a leave time ~ noon-ish. Still, should be no problem as long as we limit the bs and stops. I've made this route several times before right up to Ft. Henry (before the crossing of Lake Champlain).

Last year we left at 11am, Took way to much time at Van's eating a 1ft diam burger, then went Rte 8 (thru the lower 'Daks), sight-seed and snapped lots of pics, we crossed same point into VT and was in Stowe way before 7. Heck, the weenie fire was just getting stoked up nicely. We can trim the fat and will need to especially since we are taking a longer route going up thru Lk. Placid (scenic, but mainly so we can hit "The Tracy").

Having more in the group this year will slow us somewhat. Hopefully, we can all get on the same/timing gas fillups. Speaking of which, the really, really fast Kawi ZX-14 that will be along with us... sucks WAY more fuel than our much slower FJR's... Just say'n
wink.png

Speaking of which, the really, really fast Kawi ZX-14 that will be along with us... sucks WAY more fuel than our much slower FJR's... Just say'n
wink.png
Did Steamer hijack your account??
I was being facetious.

Stan-lee couldn't hijack "Joe-shit-the-ragman's" account, even if he was given the password.

Monday morning update*

As of right now, RossKeen says he's trek'n his way down to us (in the Finger Lakes) for our Tues nite kick-off party.

This pretty much will make up our "CNY->NERDS Ride-in group".

Wine Guy -Mike

Yamafitter -Bill

0FAce -Marty

MotoBill -Bill (deciding)

Steamer -Stan

Speed/Shooz -KJ/Debbie

RossKean -Ross

-Camper now setup next to driveway with firepit ready to roll. Booze n beer staged. We're getting close
smile.png
smile.png

Home base is my house, u guys should all have this info by PMs. BUT, if you are running late coming in, you may miss the 5:30 to 6:30 round-up time at my house, so here's the Dewey's BBQ house address: 67 Auburn Road (Rte's 5&20), Seneca Falls, NY13148

So meetup time; Tues between 5:30 - 6:30 my-house /slash/ campgrounds /slash/ home base
smile.png
. As a group we'll head off to the BBQ around 6:45. If you come in earlier than when I will be home ~5pm (I'm going to Buffalo earlier in the day)... couple of options...

1. Come anyways, camper will be unlocked and for those bunking there, make yourself at home, Debbie may be there as well, she's friendly, introduce yourself!

2. The Crows' Nest is right down the road, maybe 2 golf swings away! Stop in and have a drink and relax. (Yuup, take-in sum of what I take for granted every day) address: 415 Boodys Hill Rd, Waterloo, NY 13165

design3_01.png

Have a great ride and NERDS!

I'll be living vicariously through you all, so give Tracey rd a run for me (I love that stretch of pavement)

I'll be looking for your RR and pics of the silly going ons.

KJ sounds like you're starting the trip off in fine style with a bon voyage BBQ.

I hope to be in shape to make next years NERDS (where ever it may be).

Best wishes shakin!

Have a great ride and NERDS! I'll be living vicariously through you all, so give Tracey rd a run for me (I love that stretch of pavement) I'll be looking for your RR and pics of the silly going ons. KJ sounds like you're starting the trip off in fine style with a bon voyage BBQ. I hope to be in shape to make next years NERDS (where ever it may be). Best wishes shakin!
So wishing you were going to be with us Ian. Next year for sure.

Hey, we will have quite a few "keep on getting better Ian" (salutes) to you bro, and we all look forward to the day when we can clink glasses once again. You keep getting better and follow those Dr's orders!.

-KJ

Be glad you're not riding across New York today. Massive rains on New York / Vermont border
Snorkle.gif
. Tomorrow thru Sunday look good - 70's & 80's partly sunny.
agent.gif

That is pay back for the rest of us who still have to work:). I am so stoked for this weekend with a bunch of NERDS!

That is pay back for the rest of us who still have to work:). I am so stoked for this weekend with a bunch of NERDS!

Totally slow progress today. Left late, work kept calling. I'll see you guys in the morning!