Ride on 06/21/2016

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug36854

Reaction score
I realize it's a long shot but, anyone wanna go ride Tuesday? As in all day Tuesday, and like really put down some miles. Thinking about rolling out early that morning and heading out of Valley, AL to Walhalla, SC (via I85), picking up the Moonshiner 28 and running it to Robbinsville, NC. Ride the Dragon and take the Foothills Parkway Scenic Highway at the end of it up towards Maryville, TN and take US321 back towards Pigeon Forge before turning across the mountains on Little River Rd (Cades Cove area) and picking up US441 just south of Gatlingburg and taking it back down thru Cherokee, NC. Then pick up US23 towards ATL and back home. Probably around 650-675 miles without any wrong turns or side routes. Only running the interstate to save time for more daylight in the mountains. (All this is assuming I don't have to work overtime on Tuesday) Any takers?

Can't join you but please post up how this trip goes. Hope your luck is better than mine.

We had a good trip to Clingman's dome on Fathers' Day 2008. I've wanted to ride Cade's Cove but it hasn't worked out. GSMNP traffic can be.......something. The last time I tried to ride through there it was a 50 degree drizzly spring school day and the traffic was bumper to bumper and crawling. Another time we were headed north to Gatlinburg on the bike and there was a bear cub in a tree on the north end of 441. Traffic was backed up half way to Cherokee.

Last edited by a moderator: