Ride reports complete with photos and video...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice Bruce! Have yet to take the wife out with me yet, but that would be the perfect trip! We just got back from camping in Crabtree Falls, and as we rode back on the BRP she started to get excited about riding the bike. Great Blog by the way.

I live in Christiansburg VA so I get to ride those roads a lot. There are so many good roads in our area. 52 up Big Walker is fun, 58 across Lover's Leap is a great ride. 42 to 311 over to Paint Bank if you haven't tried you should take some time. We've been riding in NC so far this Spring. We rode 194 through Banner Elk last weekend. The road was a little rough, but was still fun. Next time you are coming to SWVA let me know, I would be happy to turn you on to some of our great roads. Maybe you can help us out with some of the best NC back roads. Thanks for sharing. Steve

Thanks for the kind words guys, they mean a lot.

Vasteve - I've been on part of 42... Between 623 and 16 south of Tazewell. On our first trip to Burke's Garden. When planning the trip using M/S Street & Trips the south end of 623 looked just like the north end, I.E. paved, but looked incredibly twisty and like loads of fun! So we initially tried going in from that direction. Imagine my letdown when we got there and found it to be a dirt road! Dammitt! On a dual sport or dirt bike, oh hell yeah, two up on an FJR, I don't think so...

Thanks for the offer on road info, I'll be glad to do the same!

Bruce

Last edited by a moderator: