Ride to Andrew's Service

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madmike2

Shtirrenuppenmeister
Reaction score
Okay, dudes and dudettes!

Temperature forecast is high of 65 degrees.

A number of you have PM'd me or talked on the phone about riding in to Andrew's Funeral/Memorial and to the reception. ENOUGH, already.....why not plan a ride there in his honor?

MEMORIAL SERVICES WILL BE ON MONDAY, 11/19/07 AT 2:00 P.M. AT Mt. VERNON MORTUARY. 8201 Greenback Ln, Fair Oaks, CA
We will be having a reception afterward at the Orangevale Community Center from 3pm to 6pm: 6826 Hazel Avenue, Orangevale CA 95662
SOOoooooo, d'ya wanna meet somewhere and ride in as a group?

SEMI-OFFICIAL MEET PLACE (@ 12:30..er..uhm...LEAVE by1:00 PM):

Roseville Yamaha

(916) 784-2444

2014 Taylor Rd

Roseville, CA

(Yahoo Maps and Mapquest are your friends.)

The Semi-Official List of riders:

Bluestreek (?)

Cisco (Zac--Herr Rrride Uber Kommandant)

Dive1

eeksnake

exskibum

Glas1/2fjul

Graham & Jeff (Andrew's brothers on Andrew's bikes)

James Burleigh

Myhardly (?)

Niehart

Ol Michael

Painman

Ric in sac

RsvlFeej

SilveradoSlick

Toecutter (on MM2's bike)

weekendrider

PGR Riders.....

AND:

Fairlaner, Barabus, MCML and TWN in a "cage" :no2: :unknw:

Ignacio & Warchild in a cage

BikeEffects & bride in a cage

The rest of us will see you at Mt. Vernon.

After the service there will be a ride to the reception, about 3 1/2 miles away.

(Wear your warmies, if its any distance, it'll be chilly heading home.)

And, please, could we limit posts here to those who will actually be riding? We know your sorrow and grief and that you'd all like to be able to be here. You will be in the hearts of those who ride.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, dudes and dudettes! Temperature forecast is high of 65 degrees.

A number of you have PM'd me or talked on the phone about riding in to Andrew's Funeral/Memorial and to the reception. ENOUGH, already.....why not plan a ride there in his honor?

My suggestion is to get to Mt. Vernon (Greenback, just East of Fair Oaks Blvd.) and ride en masse to the reception. Well?????
Mike -

You're a great person, but where, when, what city is Fair Oaks Blvd. in, Mt.Vernon? What have I missed seeing on the Forum? How about some GPS Coordinates?

I am lost in the eather!

I am trying to make it, making scheduling changes. As long as I can pull it off I am in. I will likley be staying in fremont.

Okay, dudes and dudettes! Temperature forecast is high of 65 degrees.

My suggestion is to get to Mt. Vernon (Greenback, just East of Fair Oaks Blvd.) and ride en masse to the reception. Well?????
Mike -

You're a great person, but where, when, what city is Fair Oaks Blvd. in, Mt.Vernon? What have I missed seeing on the Forum? How about some GPS Coordinates?

I am lost in the eather!
Mt. VERNON MORTUARY. 8201 Greenback Ln, Fair Oaks, CA

Mapquest is your friend.

I am staying at;

Fairfield Inn Roseville

1910 Taylor Road

Roseville, California 95661 USA

Phone: 1-916-772-3500

Fax: 1-916-772-3500

Sales: 1-916-772-3500

Sales fax: 1-916-772-3500

Rate is 90 per night. No group rate offered.

Sorry about the other post. I am location Challenged.

I am staying at Fairfield Inn Roseville ......
Hmm, good thought.

Any eastern (or northern) Riders who may be considering a stop-over in Reno Sunday and/or Monday night .....Let me know.

At at our house -or we can help coordinate very inexpensive (but nice) accomodations in town (ping me here on the forum if interested)

I may be staying over Sun in Roseville ....thanks for the thought on a place to stay skuehl

Fairlaner, Barabus, dCarver and TWN will be in a cage, but I'll leave the call to our chauffeur, Fairlaner.
As I we are planning on heading home Monday evening my plan is to get shit faced Sunday night.

So on the note Tim find us a hotel with a Bar close or on the premises.

R

P.S. Tim, Don is not gonna make it.

Well, I figure I'll leave Auburn by around 1 pm and head down Auburn Folsom to the site of the Memorial Service on Greenback, ride from there to the Reception on Hazel with whomever and however it may be organized. After the reception, it looks like Khunajawdge (and maybe his friend, Barry) will be riding back up Auburn Folsom with me to camp on my carpet for the night.

After the reception, it looks like Khunajawdge (and maybe his friend, Barry) will be riding back up Auburn Folsom with me to camp on my carpet for the night.
Lotta love being shown around here. :wub: Mostly as iffen youse is frens. :drinks: Youse guyz er thuh gratest!

Mike, thats a great idea, Ill meet up with yooz guys, just say when and where!

My vote is we meet at my shop in Roseville at a decided time, and scoot down I80 to Greenback exit. Straight shot easy freeway access and a decent parking lot to stage in. Seems lots of people coming from the east/Auburn and or staying in Roseville already.

Just say the word, Ill be there.

Zac

I will be coming from a hotel near the Arden Fair Mall (guessing 6-8 miles from the service?).

FJR_pig may be joining me.

Ok I am offering my services to help riders with info, directions, or just plain ole help let me know pm me get in touch

through the forum weekend rider

My vote is we meet at my shop in Roseville at a decided time, and scoot down I80 to Greenback exit. Straight shot easy freeway access and a decent parking lot to stage in. Seems lots of people coming from the east/Auburn and or staying in Roseville already.

Zac
Zac, your plan sounds good to me. Roseville Yamaha is what, 10 minutes from Mt. Vernon? At 12:30 or 1:00 or something? Scrambling.

Zac
That's certainly doable for me. I was going to go down Auburn Folsom, but if we're going to stage at your shop, Zac, maybe I'll cut back to 80 at Horseshoe Bar on my way there. One request, though -- cover up the MV Agustas so we don't have another light bulb incident like Warchild had with the Busa.

Okay, I'm going to edit the original post to reflect meeting at Roseville Yamaha (Wait...that means Zac will already be there. No Fair!)

Anyone who wants to ride together can meet you there. :yahoo: The rest of us will be waiting for you. B)