Ride to Andrew's Service

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please add me to the list; Roseville Yamaha at 1230, running out from downtown Sac - anyone interested in meeting before hand for lunch?

Adding "Dive1". Disco Dave will be joining us. Also:

[SIZE=14pt]WARNING, Will Robinson![/SIZE]

Please note I've edited the meet time/start riding time:

SEMI-OFFICIAL MEET PLACE (@ 12:30..er..uhm...LEAVE by1:00 PM):Roseville Yamaha
Thenk yew fer yor suhport!

Last edited by a moderator:
Please add me to the list; Roseville Yamaha at 1230, running out from downtown Sac - anyone interested in meeting before hand for lunch?
I would be interested in meeting for food. We should meet NLT 11 AM somewheres between Sac and Roseville.

Say... Aren't you the guy who was gonna help me analyze the CHP data....? :glare:

anyone interested in meeting before hand for lunch?
I would be interested in meeting for food. We should meet NLT 11 AM somewheres between Sac and Roseville.
Yew noe whut? Iff'n yew wood be a'postin' a gude lunch meet playce, I reckon yew mite git a few more whoo mite join up en yer fude-fest. Yew noe how this grupe es...

ryde, grub, tock, dee-zert, ryde... :D

Say... Aren't you the guy who was gonna help me analyze the CHP data....? :glare:
Brookfields off the Eureka Rd. exit, just a stone's throw from Roseville Yamaha has decent food.....

https://www.brookrest.com/locations.htm

AND.....Fairlaner, Barabus and TWN in a "cage" :no2: :unknw:
And, please, could we limit posts here to those who will actually be riding?
Do cages count?

Bren and I will be at the ride staging point, and maybe even the lunch joint, once JB figures that out....

AND.....Fairlaner, Barabus and TWN in a "cage" :no2: :unknw:
And, please, could we limit posts here to those who will actually be riding?
Do cages count?

Bren and I will be at the ride staging point, and maybe even the lunch joint, once JB figures that out....
I'm sure that with the limited parking at the marshalling place a parade of cars should be avoided. That and the route through traffic and signals up Greenback to Mt. Vernon.

That being said, Bob, I wouldn't say no to you. I'll add you & Bren to the list.

Count me in for the ride.

Anyone heading down from or through Chico or leaving from Marysville/Yuba City and want to ride in together let me know.

I'm gonna take a hint (I hope) from MadMike and start a thread to separately discuss eating options.

Jesus, this is terrible news! We were on vacation and I just found out. Terrible.

Count me in, Mike.

If anyone needs a place to stay, we're about a half hour from Roseville and we've got several beds. My cell is 916-712-1512 or e-mail my wife at catherine at saluki dot net.

As of right now (Fri. night) my weather is calling for partly cloudy sky's. So count me in to meet at Roseville Yamaha! I will only back out if the weather forcast changes for the worst!

Thanks,

Kim

You don't have to add me to a list for the fact I may have to back out of riding!!! :)

As of right now (Fri. night) my weather is calling for partly cloudy sky's. So count me in to meet at Roseville Yamaha! I will only back out if the weather forcast changes for the worst!
Thanks,

Kim

You don't have to add me to a list for the fact I may have to back out of riding!!! :)
Kim, the weather is going to be fine, but mildly cold (high in the mid 60s). I've added your name with a question mark. We're certainly not "brand specific" when planning rides and especially not for Andrew's Honor Ride.

Thanks,

Kim

Kim, the weather is going to be fine, but mildly cold (high in the mid 60s). I've added your name with a question mark. We're certainly not "brand specific" when planning rides and especially not for Andrew's Honor Ride.

Ok, thanks! If all goes right I will be there at about 12.30ish! I can handle the cold, just not the wet roads!!!!

The Semi-Official List of riders:[SIZE=24pt]Ignacio & Warchild in a cage[/SIZE]
JEBUS!! Our Admins?? How unbecoming!!!! Let me read that again. IGGY and WARCHILD in a CAGE?!? Do either of you even remember how to drive one??? So happens that on Monday, I know where there is a Blackbird and a KLR, each with an empty seat, about 20 miles from the service (a bit less than that from Roseville Yamaha). PM me if you want to retain some dignity for this affair, you two.**

**I'll be leaving here tomorrow (Saturday) morning about 10 am for Napa and will be there all day -- probably home in the evening or later -- but will be here Sunday. I'll probably go to work Monday morning for 2 or 3 hours and then come home (work and home are 0.4 miles apart) to leave for Roseville Yamaha around 11:30 am. If you let me know so I can gas them up, and if you bring your gear and meet me at my place in Auburn, you have bikes to ride if you want.

I tried to post that without fanfare.....its now between you and the Benevolent Dictator. :blink:

Yeah...I know where there's a decent '05 FJR that hasn't been ridden for, oh...10 or 11 weeks. But its about 30 miles South of Roseville and waaay out of the way after of the service and reception. :huh:

And its gay clean.

The Semi-Official List of riders:[SIZE=24pt]Ignacio & Warchild in a cage[/SIZE]
JEBUS!! Our Admins?? How unbecoming!!!! Let me read that again. IGGY and WARCHILD in a CAGE?!? Do either of you even remember how to drive one??? So happens that on Monday, I know where there is a Blackbird and a KLR, each with an empty seat, about 20 miles from the service (a bit less than that from Roseville Yamaha). PM me if you want to retain some dignity for this affair, you two.**

**I'll be leaving here tomorrow (Saturday) morning about 10 am for Napa and will be there all day -- probably home in the evening or later -- but will be here Sunday. I'll probably go to work Monday morning for 2 or 3 hours and then come home (work and home are 0.4 miles apart) to leave for Roseville Yamaha around 11:30 am. If you let me know so I can gas them up, and if you bring your gear and meet me at my place in Auburn, you have bikes to ride if you want.
You Fookers crack me up. Thank God for some humor, even in the darkness of death. Makes me wonder if Iggie or Dale will be driving? In other words, whose riding b#$#!? Sorry guyz, I'm just tyring desperately for some humor, somehow, somewhere. It's been a tough week.

I haven't owned a cage since 1996..... suspect Iggy better drive, if we're going to get there safely. :huh:

My attire for the Services will be the same whether we cage or ride: Motoport kevlar pants, Oxtar boots, WFO rallyshirt, Fieldsheer jacket.

And I will carry my bug-encrusted Shoei into the Service with me as well.

Why?

Because few riders were as adamant about ATGATT than Andrew Knight was. I suspect he'd be happy if we were in our gear.

Y'all can wear somber civilian clothes if you like, but I will be in motorcycle attire.

It may be symbolic, but.... gear was important to Andrew. This is another small way to honor him.

I haven't owned a cage since 1996..... suspect Iggy better drive, if we're going to get there safely. :huh:
[SIZE=14pt]Somebody get a picture of this and post it on the forum!!!!![/SIZE]

My attire for the Services will be the same whether we cage or ride: Motoport kevlar pants, Oxtar boots, WFO rallyshirt, Fieldsheer jacket.
One assumes the blue colored WFO-6 rally shirt.

Why?
Because few riders were as adamant about ATGATT than Andrew Knight was. I suspect he'd be happy if we were in our gear.

Y'all can wear somber civilian clothes if you like, but I will be in motorcycle attire.

It may be symbolic, but.... gear was important to Andrew. This is another small way to honor him.
Okay, you're starting to convince me. I haven't had my gear on since Aug 18th, but I might just wear the rally shirt, carry the old Kilimanjaro Air and my Shoei.

Why?

Sounds like a plan, but I'm cleanin' my helmet.

I'll be sporting a rather fashionable ensemble of air mesh kevlar over the way-cool University Motors Giant Yamaha logo shirt, personally given to me by the one and only Andrew Knight, man among boys and future FJR hall of famer. ;)

[SIZE=14pt]Blatant bump for info purposes:[/SIZE]

Why?

Though I'll be in the pickup, I'm bringing my riding jacket and helmet. I might even wear my WFO-6 shirt (exskibum ain't gots wun).