riding gear

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim T

Reaction score
I live in a small town and don't have a chance to try on jackets and pants. My problem is Im short 5'8" and about 205 and all the jackets seem made for tall skinney people. Pants the same way. Any of you people out there find them same thing and have you found a brand that might fit a guy my size. Thanks Jim

purchased a cortech jacket and asked the sales person how they run her answser was just like the size of a shirt so i ordered a xl . Recived in 2 days from tx to ny. that was fast tryed it on and it was 4 inches to small around my large belly . called back and ordered a 3x fits just right .

I live in a small town and don't have a chance to try on jackets and pants. My problem is Im short 5'8" and about 205 and all the jackets seem made for tall skinney people. Pants the same way. Any of you people out there find them same thing and have you found a brand that might fit a guy my size. Thanks Jim
call aerostich and talk with them about your sizing. they have wonderful customer service. www.riderwearhouse.com i don't work for them, i just like their products and their service.

CYCLEPORT 20 pages testimonials. You send in measurements, they make, it fits. Kevlar air mesh, jacket, pants- modern marvels & the last set I'll ever need.

https://newenough.com/ Has great customer service and excellent sizing descriptions on their site. You can call them and I'm sure they'd be very helpful. Plus they have a great return policy. They will ship out a replacement / different size before you even send the original back.

Jim, Just purchased the Airglide 2 Mesh Tech jacket and pants from Olympia. That's their main page. I am 6'1" @ 210#s and can attest that the large jacket size would fit you to a T. It is a little short on me and if I was your height it would fit perfect. Large tall is my size but not many manufacturers carry that. The pants fit great at exactly the waist size I am (36") which had some elastic in the waist band to be a little forgiving. I believe the inseam of the pants has an adjustment to shorten or lengthen. Great customer service and a great product.

I'm about the same size and Joe Rocket jacket fits great