Riding tutorial on how not to get shot in Plano, TX

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whole bunch of stupid going on there. So the MC is speeding, mustang makes a lane change where he likely didn't get a glimpse of the bike and the bike goes around. Should be end of story. So bike guy stares down mustang guy at light and somehow can make out the guy flipping him off through an almost black window and decides to cross 4 lanes to chase after him? What an idiot.

Sure doesn't seem like "de-escalation" would be one of his defenses in court. He did everything he could to instigate and antagonize.

BTW: Filtering and lane sharing are NOT legal in TX yet and I know people who have been exposed to it while driving and are furious at all bikes (most as a result of being startled by the unexpected).

... Filtering and lane sharing are NOT legal in TX yet and I know people who have been exposed to it while driving and are furious at all bikes (most as a result of being startled by the unexpected).
That wasn't filtering in any normal sense. That was insanity.

Try that here, you would inevitably get wiped out by a lane-changer, and I wouldn't blame the car driver for not seeing the motorcycle coming at twice the legal speed limit.

This is the worst possible advertisement for legalising filtering/sharing. Anyone seeing this, on the road or the video, would immediately want to keep it illegal. A shame because in the right circumstances it is really useful, reduces congestion and frustration. And it's a safety issue in hot climates, any wind flow is better than being stuck in stationary or very slow moving traffic to avoid serious overheating.

From what I saw on his video channel he is riding on borrowed time.Take that attitude to the track NOT on the street.Very poor example of a bike rider, They should remove his license.I wonder if his Insurance company has ever seen his web site.

That rider is indisputable proof that Charles Darwin was a genius.

Be that as it may, and recognizing that (1) I was not in the driver seat of the mustang, and (2) there may be much more to that story than what I saw on the video, I don't see the justification for the driver to draw his weapon and aim it at the rider. To be clear, I'm not saying what he did was illegal (I'm not entirely sure one way or the other), but from the video, I don't see any clear evidence that his life was in danger from the motorcyclists.

Or to put it another way... stupid is as stupid does....

I would "bet" that the driver would get brandishing since he wasn't in immediate danger as long as he had the cage to bump the rider away as another defense. But the apparent threat (from 2 riders chasing after him through multiple turns while threatening him) could be articulated to a certain extent (and with a good lawyer). The rider (and his friend) didn't help their case by all of the escalations.

That rider is indisputable proof that Charles Darwin was a genius.

Be that as it may, and recognizing that (1) I was not in the driver seat of the mustang, and (2) there may be much more to that story than what I saw on the video, I don't see the justification for the driver to draw his weapon and aim it at the rider. To be clear, I'm not saying what he did was illegal (I'm not entirely sure one way or the other), but from the video, I don't see any clear evidence that his life was in danger from the motorcyclists.

Or to put it another way... stupid is as stupid does....

So many ways to look at it. I know I wouldn't want a bike chasing me down and playing speed games. If he crashes and I'm on his video now I'm involved. Also how does the guy in the car know that the guy on the bike is not chasing him down to pull a gun on him? I'm not condoning it but it is a sure fire way to end this game of chase and intimidate.