Riding with Dogs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If ya find ya can rig your topbox fer the dog, a windshield was my best idea, as duke can travel far & fast (he's done over 10k mikes & been up to 125mph. You would have to rig a mirror system to see him, as I check on how duke's do'n constantly. Also hopefully yer dog will like it, I wouldn't ride with duke if he didn't love it!
4524670552_b4df2b3ca1.jpg
And he has been crash tested too. What ever set up you choose make sure to consider what happens to the pup in a crash.

In the never ending Forum category of "Oh What the Hell, it's dog pile Friday"! johnny80s, I thought that you had finally trained FJRBluesman and dj bill to ride right behind you on their own FJR's?

Whatever you do, make sure the damn thing stays put. A friend of mine is still recovering from the day he put his Yorkie in a basket on his bicycle and went for a ride. When the dog tried to jump out, he hit the brakes, the bike went down hard and he BROKE both elbows and tore a rotator cuff. Got pins in both elbows and a follow up surgery on the shoulder. Two months later, at least he has the guards off his arms.

Get a dog walker and call home each day.

She was a smaller dog but I had a beagle that rode in my tank bag, I trained her by putting her in my jacket on rides. See my avatar.

Sears has a cheap top case that I thought of modifying to bring along 1 or both of my dogs. But I don't like the idea of not being able to see what they're up to while I'm riding. Bagster has a tank bag dog carrier & although I already have the Bagster tank cover, I don't feel like paying $200 for the bag to discover they don't like it.

I might look into buying a soft case dog carrier & modifying it to attach to the Bagster cover. Still keeping my eye out for a used right side bag to modify as well.

Still keeping my eye out for a used right side bag to modify as well.
This would be ideal for our little dog. I would much rather modify a cheap used one to make sure she likes it before cutting up my perfectly good bag.

If ya find ya can rig your topbox fer the dog, a windshield was my best idea, as duke can travel far & fast (he's done over 10k mikes & been up to 125mph. You would have to rig a mirror system to see him, as I check on how duke's do'n constantly. Also hopefully yer dog will like it, I wouldn't ride with duke if he didn't love it!
4524670552_b4df2b3ca1.jpg
So where was Duke when those huge scrapes were put on his Case? And how did he feel about that?

The bag was a scuffed up bag a forum member donated to us. We did have a crash in death valley a few months ago & duke took it like a man! He was a trooper, excited & read to ride the next morning.

Last edited by a moderator: