Rifle Windshield

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garywayne

Reaction score
Anyone have any pictures of a Rifle windshield mounted on a FJR. I didn't care for the ones I've seen on a ST1300 but have not seen one on a FJR..mines a 07 if that matters.

Thanks

Gary

Sorry, I went to Rifles website and found some but am still interested if anyone has any better shorts. My problem is I just don't like the way it kicks the shield out at the bottom. I know function over style but I can't get there (I'm one of those guys who cleans his bike after every ride....to many years with Harley's I guess).

Gary

Last edited by a moderator:
Temperature was about 34 deg that day, early April. The Lake behind us is completely frozen over. We put on about 250 miles that day. Stayed reasonably warm even without heated gear.

BruceandDon.jpg

Windshield is a bit better than halfway up.

102.jpg

Temperature was about 34 deg that day, early April. The Lake behind us is completely frozen over. We put on about 250 miles that day. Stayed reasonably warm even without heated gear.

BruceandDon.jpg

Windshield is a bit better than halfway up.

102.jpg
Thanks...that doesn't look half bad (like the tint).

Here are a couple of my ill-fated precious, with a +5 Rifle. I didn't think it looked bad, and sheild works beautifully.

Sorry, the lighting sucks.

DSC00046.jpg

DSC00047.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought a V-Stream for my 08. They are listed on National Cycle site for 06-08, so I guess the short answer is that they are the same.

I bought a smoked Rifle touring shield for my '05. The only time I regretted having installed it on the bike (other than days with severe cross winds) was when I got stuck on the highway one night in some heavy pouring rain. Due to the smoked nature of the screen, I was forced to make a windscreen position decision based on the need for visibility or the discomfort of rain protection. Needless to say, even with a full face shield, I was a pretty wet puppy :Snorkle: (leathers included) by the time I got back to the cottage. The shield works fine in all but the warmest days (not enough air reaches your chest in the lowered position), but, if you should ever even consider night riding, do yourself a big favor and order a clear one!

Anyone know if this shield will work on an 08?
the red bike above is a second gen. Should be the same.
Actually, I called Rifle twice with that question; they can't confirm it. With the new 1-pc 08 bracket assembly, the Rifle tuning blocks may not fit.
I'll see what I can find out for you. I know who to talk to :rolleyes:

I just got done putting on a CalSci that came off an 07 on my 08. Fits just fine.