RIP Gleno

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that sucks. Sad news indeed.

RIP Gleno.

Should we have a "Fallen Members" area, that lists/honours those we loose from the forum?

Just a simple thread that only Admins can edit maybe..maybe just names? :dntknw:

I would submit something to Admins, but didn't know any of our fallen members personally to properly eulogize them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sad news .... :(

Rest in peace Gleno.

Hope his family is taken care of...

Sad news indeed. My condolences to all that love him.

The measure of a man

Lies not in stature or standing.

It is not told by the scale

Or found in territories expanding.

The matter is not in the count

Of every brick that is laid.

It is not found in the accolades

Or the trophies that will fade.

Title may have its privilege,

But is little more than a resplendent name,

And position grants no authority

To any extraordinary claim.

Unimportant is the magnitude

Of even fortunes laid in gold,

But there is a definable standard

Though the value is yet untold.

There is but one accurate measure

That is true til all time ends,

The measure of a man

Is weighed in the hearts of friends.

My condolences to the family. I have never met Gleno, but I like to think of everyone on the forum as a brother.

I would like to be a good enough person to offer sympathy to the driver of the minivan, if she's half a human being she's an emotional wreck right now. Maybe next year I will be that person.

Sad indeed, my thoughts and prayers are with him. But, by the grace of God go I.

I too wonder about the Lady driving the minivan. I can't bring myself to think of her as a murderer. I think she obviously wasn't paying attention enough to see him. Its not like she was running him down. It was accident, and appropriate consequenses should be taken.

Like Toe... I also remember his walking away from a 130mph crash. That wasn't his time, this obviously was. Prayers from here, RIP Gleno.

Very Nice Tribute to Gleno!!!!!!

Our thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends.

i shed a tear for all gleno's friends and family. any thoughts of a memorial run? i find that's one of the best way to pay tribute to someone that loved the sport as much as he obviously did, even only knowing him through those photos. a close friend of mine was killed 2 years ago, almost the same way, and we have an annual ride to remember him. RIP Gleno.

I have never met Gleno, however from his posts on the BMW Form and things I have read about him I feel like I have known him.

It is always bad to hear of someone getting killed in a motorcycle accident but when it happens to someone that is as good a rider as Gleno was, it sure makes you think.

Ride safe everyone, I'm sure Gleno would want you to.

Status
Not open for further replies.