RIP Richard

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bob, I just saw this and its really hard to take.....and just as tough to post up I'm sure. I met up with you guys last year on the way to Park City when we stayed at the same motel in Eureka. And sat together at the banquets in Park City. I only got to know Richard for a short moment in time but I can say he was the kind of guy everyone would like. Very funny and a really good guy who enjoyed life. I just wish I could of known him a while longer. Prayers to his family and friends and yes this has been a very tough year. PM. <>< :cry:

Prayers for the family for Gods peace at this difficult time. In light of eternity, we are all right behind.........

My prayer tonight is for Richard's family and friends. May you all be conforted by the One who loves you.

Hello forum friends. Richard Morrison aka "Farkles" passed away this past Sunday while riding his FJR. I see that reference to his passing has been posted elsewhere and don't want to duplicate but thought I would give a few more details on his accident as I was with Richard on his final ride.
Richard and I rode together to the Park City WFO gathering last year so some of you may have met him there.

Richard and I have had the opportunity to get in a short ride this spring, but this was our first opportunity to get out for a full day. The plan was to take I5 south to hwy 96 and ride west to Happy Camp then south and loop through Forks of the Salmon and Cecilville. We met for breakfast and headed out, 5 bikes total and a nice warm spring day.

Richard took the sweep position as we headed west on hwy 96. About 15 or so miles down the road we noticed Richard was not on our rear and we turned around. Upon returning we saw that our friend had gone down. Another car heading east was already stopped and heading for the nearest house to call for help. It seems Richard passed very quickly. I waited to post this as we at first thought he may have had a heart attack but I spoke with his sister today and she told me the medical examiner feels he died from injuries to his head. Since he was riding in the tail position his accident was not witnessed by any riders from our group.

Richard was riding his FJR when he passed away, something he really enjoyed. Keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

As mentioned by Rebekah his niece they are planning a memorial service in a few weeks.

Bob in Medford
Bob,

I have just finished work to learn of this sad news.

Richard, his family and friends will be in my prayers tonight.

God bless you all.

Taff.

Such heartbreaking news. My prayers go out to the family and friends. Keep us posted on the plans for his service.

Very sad to hear of this. Thoughts and prayers for all impacted by this tragedy.

These things haven't gotten any easier for all of us I know. But, I think our special thread area helps work through the grief a bit.

Here's a newspaper link of the accident for those that might want to know a few more details.

Will miss you Rick.

Sad, sad business this... Apart from exchanging a couple of messages, I didn't know Richard but that doesn't necessarily lessen the impact of his untimely death - particularly the how. I suppose we all ride with the knowledge that that could just as easily have been any one of us...

Requiescat in pace, Richard...

I am not sure where we are headed as one of the fallen FJR riders had passed us all. I have been witness to a couple of these and we are getting a little older as time passes. Friends gone forever without an understanding why. We ride and enjoy life as we know it. I would like everyone to know if I pass I have had had a very good life and I would like know one to think otherwise.I'm not sure what happened but if there is we can do for the family lets do it!

I hope we all can ride to the funeral as it would mean to him and us.

Kerry

Thank you so much for your support in this difficult time. We would love to see a group of riders come to the memorial, we all know that Rick would be proud to see his friends carry on something he loved dearly.

Rebekah and Family.

...SNIP...
Are there any pics of you guys at WFO? I'd like to be able to place a face with the name.

...SNIP...

RIP Richard.
+1, Is there a picture that can be shared?

Please if anyone has pictures of Rick with his motorcycle we would love to see them. We have been looking for some and can't seem to find any that he had.

Thank you,

Rebekah and Family

Status
Not open for further replies.