Road to Alaska

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bucket list for sure!
ok.gif

The ride into Valdez was stunning to say the least. More pics forthcoming once we get a decent internet connection...currently tethered to my iPhone.

Sad day as Pan and I are turning south and heading home. It has been an damn fine trip thus far!

~G

Last edited by a moderator:
Camped in the North Pole last night, currently relaxing in Anchorage.

Be sure to ride rt 8 from Cantwell to Paxton.

Canadian FJR

Route 8 is the Denali HWY. Best ridden from Paxson to Cantwell. In that direction Denali (the mountain) is right in your face shield for half the ride. Route 8 was once the entrance road to Denali National Park until the Parks HWY was built in the early 70s. About 135 miles with 115 being dirt, but normally well maintained and rideable on street bikes.

George and I are in Prince George,Tired and running 400 miles south tomorrow then home on Thursday.

Will start working the report when we get home, we have been running 300 mile days staying places that either don't have internet or so slow downloading isn't worth it. Also just didn't really care to think that much! :)

Two more days and back to my honey do list that I know is very long and G is headed back to work Monday.

Tires are about shot but no flats both of the bikes need the seal mate to clean out the fork seals.

Don't let the travlers [Panman & escapefjrtist] tell you they roughed it all the time on this trip. Lots of us have stayed at this awesome place. For you folks in the know, the walking path use to be a railroad track.

62611147_10157363942724628_1942808046661009408_o.jpg

Hope you last day on the road is awesome.