Rode through East L.A. today...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only hit one bar tonight.......R
hey that looks like a badass fury in your avatar. dr
I've seen it up close. I'm not a big car guy, but I believe it's Ford Pinto, or a Pacer or Gremlin or other fine AMC product.
One bar Richard.... You didn't even get warmed up. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Folks wire up food in foil by the engine, and before you know it, dinner is done!
Can't you get anything right? You NEVER wire up the food to the engine...you simply bungie the foil pack to your left leg. :rofl:

Yamaha removed that feature in the otherwise bad -ass GEN II's.
RadioHowie, as ShinyPartsUp's Uncle Don, I hope you fully realize his Aunt and I did the best with Young Michael that we possibly could! However, when we sent him to school, he burnt the books and ate the teacher! Not that our other nephew, Old Michael, turned out to be so red hot either! And RH, many thanks for correctly amending SPU's post above!!!

I only hit one bar tonight.......
R
Hey Fairlaner,

I really do like the Mopar. Looks like the pushbutton tranny model. I just bought a house out in Harbor City so I will be in the area alot fixin it up. Maybe I can see it. and look at your GII feej. let me know. DR

ramrezz425: R's ride is Ford Fairlane! 408 cubic inches, 450 horsepower at rear wheels, running 4:11 gears, AOD, 3800 stall converter and was featured cover story in June 2006 Car Craft magazine!

After buying an '05 FJR on May 15th, It sat like a garage queen, till today, I had a nasty cold., Anyways, Can anyone tell me if its normal for the bike to heat up to the 3rd bar on the gauge?, lots of stop and go riding, Then a quick pit stop at King Taco. Didn't overheat or nothing but there was a hot wind coming up my left pant-leg. Just curious. DR
Hey my thread was sent to the pointless neverending thread dept. I still wanna talk about heat in Gen I's, Is there a retrofit kit? It's not a big deal but I wanna learn! Can the admin send this back to its original location? Thanks dr

A foil-bubble wrap heat "blanket " under the tank solved my main heat problem & cost only a few buckeros!

After buying an '05 FJR on May 15th, It sat like a garage queen, till today, I had a nasty cold., Anyways, Can anyone tell me if its normal for the bike to heat up to the 3rd bar on the gauge?, lots of stop and go riding, Then a quick pit stop at King Taco. Didn't overheat or nothing but there was a hot wind coming up my left pant-leg. Just curious. DR
Hey my thread was sent to the pointless neverending thread dept. I still wanna talk about heat in Gen I's, Is there a retrofit kit? It's not a big deal but I wanna learn! Can the admin send this back to its original location? Thanks dr

Just installed this yesterday but have only ridden for a short distance so the Jury's out, still. I think it helps...

https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-YAMAHA-...sQ5fAccessories

The PO of my FeeJ already has done the foam install mod around the inner lower fairing. I couldn't find the link to that one but it's here somewhere. The heat rolls out at my ankles now. It's gotta go somewhere!

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...128577&st=0 ramreez425, You should really try to make Slappy's Big Bear Ride this Saturday, June 5th. There'll be lots of good FJR guys and gals there with a wealth of information regarding FJR's. marcusorelius, Papa Chuy and many others have installed a heat blanket under the GEN 1 tank with great results. Tree Doc has given you a link to a pre-cut and formed heat blanket for only $28. I cut and formed my own back in 2003, but I'd buy a ready made one if doing it now! Just thank your lucky stars you are not riding a dogs ass slow GEN II!

I guess nobody has explained that GEN I feature? It is the radiant oven. Folks wire up food in foil by the engine, and before you know it, dinner is done!
Yamaha removed that feature in the otherwise bad-ass GEN II's.
Absolutely. Gen I's will cook food. Gen II's cook other stuff. Like Ground spiders.