Roller Head Bearings -

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcarver

Reaction score
I'm changing from ball to roller bearings.

It doesn't look like the stock seal, for use with ball bearings, will fit the new roller bearing.

I'm talking about the lower bearing.

Hey, come to think of it, will the top seal still work?

What did you guys do that have done this same mod?

I'm changing from ball to roller bearings. It doesn't look like the stock seal, for use with ball bearings, will fit the new roller bearing.

I have never done this to an FJR but .... The stock seal Should fit. At least is has on the last 4 bikes I have done. the tapered roller bearings are some times a little taller than the stock bearings. That's why I say Should.....

let us know how it turns out.

I'm changing from ball to roller bearings. It doesn't look like the stock seal, for use with ball bearings, will fit the new roller bearing.

I have never done this to an FJR but .... The stock seal Should fit. At least is has on the last 4 bikes I have done. the tapered roller bearings are some times a little taller than the stock bearings. That's why I say Should.....

Thanks BPFowler, I'll post up some pix in a bit.. don't see how the lower will work. But then again I'm tired, my back hurts, and I just lost the rubber cap for my speed bleeder. Do you have any idea how many things on the shop floor can look like a speed bleeder cap? :angry:
Time to call it quits. Rome wasn't built in a day... :lol:

Thanks BPFowler, I'll post up some pix in a bit.. don't see how the lower will work. But then again I'm tired, my back hurts, and I just lost the rubber cap for my speed bleeder. Do you have any idea how many things on the shop floor can look like a speed bleeder cap? :angry:
You're a good mechanic, Don. Love how you tackle these projects. Rome wasn't built in a day cause OM & I weren't the Foremans!

I've seen some kits on ebay that came with the seals. I hope odot doesn't find out.... :dribble:

Great question Don let us know how it goes for ya. ;)

You're a good mechanic, Don. Love how you tackle these projects. Rome wasn't built in a day cause OM & I weren't the Foremans!
If you and OM were in charge, I doubt we would have a world :yahoo:

If you and OM were in charge, I doubt we would have a world :yahoo:
Well FJRay, there indeed would be a world, it would however be just an Irish one! So that means, probably just as well Julius Caesar didn't set up Old Michael and Papa Chuy Medina "El Burrito Ballerina" as the Foremans! Was a Method to his Madness!

Last edited by a moderator:
I did this a while back and used this kit. Liked it alot. I think the seals were different than original. Not sure.

This is the kit though.

AllBallsRacing

I just sent an Email to all balls, I dont know all the dimensions of my current bearings as the bike is not apart yet. When they give me the part number I will order it. Just seems simplier this way. Comes with the seals and bearing for my bike. I think I will do a com,plete fork service with new seals while I am there.