Rossi Breaks Both Arms in Auto Accident

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saread

Reaction score
(Fox News) -- MotoGP Superbike Champion Valentino Rossi suffered a shattering blow in Jerez, Spain while he was with his girlfriend driving to dinner on Tuesday. He broke his right and left Humerous bones after a head on collision with another vehicle.

Italian Rossi was going to compete in the 2010 MotoGP Championship after winning 6 consecutive titles.

Emerging from a hospital with both arms in a sling, Rossi said he will return to his hometown Urbino, Italy, where doctors will determine whether he needs immediate surgery.

"I'm miserable," said the record-breaking MotoGP champion. "I just need to relax a couple of days and then make a plan."

The crash involved only two vehicles and Rossi was the only one that sustained any kind of injury. His girlfriend was behind the wheel when the accident occured. According to one witness, the car belonging to Rossi crossed the centerline and struck an oncoming vehicle. No police reports have been released at this time to verify the statements of witnesses.

"That's life" one man said. "Car crashes happen all the time, it's just dissappointing it had to happen to a MotoGP Racer."

"It happend quick" another man said. "It could have been worse."

Rossi could be out for a Full year said said Nick Harris, the spokesman for the MotoGP series.

The injury looks certain to end Rossi's hopes of challenging his fellow rivals on the racetrack -- he admitted race plans are now "problematic" --and must cast doubts on his ambition of winning another title.

The Yamaha Fiat Team did not return our calls and emails with their concerns about this tragic event.

Casey Stoner, a rival racer, said "I pray to god he gets better so that he can compete again".

"I have to respect the current results and he's the best there is right now. Until that changes, he's the leader," Stoner told Fox News in March of 2010, before the accident.

Rossi has been linked with a move to both Formula One and the World Rally Championship in the past 18 months, having tested for Ferrari and competed in a number of rally events.

But Rossi decided to remain in Moto-GP; "I have a contract with Yamaha until 2008," said Rossi back in 2007. "When that finishes then we will see. What I am sure about is that I will ride until I'm 31 or 32 at most. I will look for new stimuli in the next few seasons, but for now I am fully motivated.". Rossi signed a new two year contract confirming he will be at Yamaha until 2010.

Rossi sounded hopeful for the future, however there is speculation that this crash may take Rossi out of MototGP for good.

Thank god - I think he was a terrible influance on bike racing
Slow - not very competative - a bumm

What a ghey name too - Rossi = what did they name him after a set of skies

Yeap the guy is a total tool! Maybe someone else with have a chance to win a championship now. If Hayden,Lorenzo,Spies and the like break their arms, maybe I could win it. Oh, by the way, what's the date today???

Funny that Google searches aren't turning this one up -- except for this site. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's see...his GF caused the accident, he cant really use his arms....them Italians are known for a strong sex drive, and it's Rossi to boot. His GF better get some knee pads..I'm just sayin'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fooled me too! I forgot about about the April Fool's day. (hitting myself on the side of my head) I'm so gullible! :huh: