Routing for 48 States Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Valueman

Reaction score
For the past few weeks I have been playing around with potential routes for a 48 states ride. The planning for any LD ride is critical, but even more so for this one I think. The actual ride probably would not be made until next summer, so I have lots of time to prepare.

Do any of you have specific suggestions, or do you know of any Internet resources that would be helpful?

TIA

VM

The Motorcycle toureres forum has sponsered this ride and I have seen maps of there version.48 plus

This is what I found but it is the 48 plus which inludes Alaska

Mabey look around there site you might find more of what you are looking for.

A lot depends on where you want to start. Here's a route I put together a few months ago that begins in Needles, CA. The 49-state route is 8775 miles. If you drop Hyder, the mileage is 7549. You can get shorter routes, but they require more time on slower roads.

Any way you cut it, 48 or 49 states in 10 days or less is a big deal.

iba-49.jpg

For the past few weeks I have been playing around with potential routes for a 48 states ride. The planning for any LD ride is critical, but even more so for this one I think. The actual ride probably would not be made until next summer, so I have lots of time to prepare.
Do any of you have specific suggestions, or do you know of any Internet resources that would be helpful?

TIA

VM
If you want a Florida 48+ start, I have a route I used last May. It was 8576 miles by the GPS to Hyder Ak. I can also include a 48++ route if you wanted Mexico.

I did a 48+ a couple of summers ago, we started in North Dakota.

Here's a bunch of info on that ride clicky here

It's always fun to end a 48+ during Hyderseek. If you've got any questions I'd be more than happy to help.