RTE Sunday, November 4th

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hello Kitty

Reaction score
Okay kids, the first RTE went pretty well and since we had a guy come down from State College, I thought maybe we'd move a little north for him. I picked Bedford PA for some selfish reasons, but I can do that :)

So, let's say sit down at 9AM, meet outside to kick tires etc 30-60 minutes prior?

Denny's

4276 Business route 220

Bedford, PA 15522

814-623-7079

Hope to see a bunch of you there!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been thinking of trying to do a RTE, just figured it was getting late in the year. I'm about a hour west of Bedford. Will try to get names of a restaurant or two for consideration.

Thanks

John

I did a little searching, found this place. Not exactly an all you can eat buffet... https://www.thegreenharvestco.com/dailyspecials.html

There's a Denny's

Then there's the Landmark - no website, but here's two reviews - one good, one not so great... https://plus.google.com/117690948782533832003/about?gl=us&hl=en#117690948782533832003/about?gl=us&hl=en

Preferences?
The site for Green Harvest Co. mentioned they are closed on Sunday. I'm pretty sure the Landmark is where I stopped for breakfast on my home from the Madura rally in June; decent family style restaurant with average prices and food. Not much to choose from in that area as far as restaurants go, but the riding is great.

There is a great restaurant/pub/bed and breakfast a couple miles east of Bedford called the Jean Bonnet tavern, Our local club makes that a stop there for dinner every summer. They open at 11:00AM though. I thought you wanted to meet earlier, however with dropping temps and shorter days, you may be leaving home in the dark?

Check out their website http//www.jeanbonnettavern.com

They are located at the intersection of Rt 30 and 31.

I'm up for this. Missed the last one due to other commitments, and need another excuse get some more riding in.

Pete

Sweet. I'm down with this, not sure about the Mrs. Might have to bring the GF instead. :p

Edit: Denny's is fine with me. I'm not as fancy as some of you prima donnas.

Denny's is fine with me. Want to just say Denny's then? :)

Sounds good to me. Herd the cats inside at 9AM, meet in the parking lot earlier to kick tires?

There are definitely some pretty roads in the area if folks want to group up to ride after.

Looking forward to seeing everyone! I'd like to hear about Pete's ride for The Void a couple weeks ago - didn't get to chat much in Lynchburg.

Oh sorry, if folks could chime in if they're coming, that would be great. I just like to have a rough idea so that I can give the restaurant a heads up if it's looking like a large crowd.

Denny's

4276 Business route 220

Bedford, PA 15522

814-623-7079

I'll be there for sure. S.O. Is driving me crazy with studying, so anything that leads to some small semblance of sanity is a welcome respite...

Had a blast at The Void again, and it's always good catching up with some of the "characters" of the rally world, and that includes the Terranovas and the Lilleys et al.

I really want to hear the full story of the State Trooper being trumped by Miss Kitty though. The pictures tell so little...

Pete

Even though I'm somewhat of a newbie here I'm going to try to make this. It's mostly going to depend on my work schedule. Hope to be there to meet and get to know some of you guys instead of just seeing names on a screen.

Even though I'm somewhat of a newbie here I'm going to try to make this. It's mostly going to depend on my work schedule. Hope to be there to meet and get to know some of you guys instead of just seeing names on a screen.
Trust me, Kolonial72 looks exactly like his avatar, only slightly taller...

Trust me, Kolonial72 looks exactly like his avatar, only slightly taller...

With a cigarette....

:p

Checked out Bedford PA on map, looked good until I checked weatherbug on my phone. Whoa (in upstate NY where I would have to come from) this Sat is crap, Sunday RTE is only a Hi of 39 (Low of 29). I guess I'm OK with it as I now put on my CeeB 26" tall shield but my buddie "Steamer" would freeze on his lil CBR with a 6" shield.. benn telling him to get something with more protection!

If weather changes I really wanna go somewhere and this as said is quite doable.

Well just talked it over with the wife & i`ll be going :yahoo: , of course with Pete in the lead. And of course i`ll be on my (ahem) non FJR (thats why Pete has me ride in the back) :p

Latest posts