RTE Sunday, November 4th

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay cool. I hope to see all of you Sunday. There's a few guys who chimed in on the Tenere forum that they'll come out as well, so looks like we'll have a respectable crowd.

Even Hotch. :rolleyes: :p

Oh, and reminder - don't forget to set your clocks back - Daylight Savings ends Sunday at 2AM.

Thanks for coming out everyone. Including me, there were 9 of us. Two BMWs and I believe 4 FJRs and 3 S10s. Lots of laughs.

We'll try again in the spring.

Thanks Nancy for putting this together.

It was a little chilly riding up, but it was worth it for the camaraderie and the chuckles. I especially enjoyed the " Hunt the earbud cover" game, and admit to never having played before, but I definitely think that was a very sneaky place to hide it!!

Thanks also to the others that showed up. Was nice to meet some new peeps, both from this forum and others. Hope everyone made it back home safely, and look forward to catchin' up on the next one.

Pete.

Go PBR...

Thank you Nancy for putting this RTE together.

Had a great time (even while shivering) Rt 30 on the way home was the ticket for some great twist & turns (kept the blood flowing & i sure needed it) Got home safe & cold & now warming up with a cup of tea (i know fag :p ) OOps! fogot to say , nice to meet other riders & i`m sure they had a good time also, hope to make the next one.

Gerard

Glad that you all had a good time. Here's further proof that you folks had more fun:

file_zps04892606.jpg

We missed you, Bob! You're letting Heidi move in that disaster area? Shame on you! Get to work you lazy bum!

Just wanted tell everyone how much I enjoyed meeting all of you on Sunday and that I look forward to more of these events. Wife hopes she can come along next year as she really enjoyed hearing me retell some of the stories everyone shared. She rides her own, a Harley Superglide, but isn't afraid to log some miles or ride aggressively in the twisty stuff. Thanks again and I can't wait for Spring! All the talk of the VOID rally has me thinking of trying it!

Had a great time (even while shivering)....
What I learned this past Sunday: Never let Gerard hold your coffee when it's cold outside.

I especially enjoyed the " Hunt the earbud cover" game, and admit to never having played before, but I definitely think that was a very sneaky place to hide it!!
You were just pleased that she selected you to go in after it. Musta been kind of tight in there....

Good news is, despite his best efforts, Pete did not get run off the road by any one of 3 SUVs!

Okay, okay, time to explain what happened with my ear before people start thinking *things*...

When I pulled my ear buds out, the little rubbery cover piece was left in my ear. I knew my ear felt a little weird, but didn't really think too much of it because I could only think of first finding the ladies room and second hot coffee. So after a little coffee, I realized this thing was stuck in my ear. I musta really shoved that bad boy in there because I couldn't get it out. So I had to dig out the needle nose pliers and have Pete dig it out. Why did I ask Pete? Because I've met him a few times before. I didn't know Dan or Gerard. No offense.

But thanks for the DL handguards - that was Gerard who gave em to me, right?

Chuck - The Void website is www.rallythevoid.org There's also the MD2020 that runs Memorial Day Weekend www.md2020.org Check them out and feel free to ask any questions. Biggest differences between the two:

MD2020 starts and ends in the same location - Hagerstown, MD near the intersection of I-70 and I-81 and usually runs about 30 hours.

The Void has (in the past and I expect will continue) two versions - "10" hour and "24" hour. I put the number in quotes because it's about that. The 10 hour will start and end in Lynchburg, VA. The 24 hour will have start locations in a northern place (usually centralish PA), a western (usually TNish) and a southern (GA or AL or so)

Other than that, it's the same general idea. Happy to answer questions if you have em!

Anyone have a preferred location for a Spring RTE?

Last edited by a moderator:
But thanks for the DL handguards - that was Gerard who gave em to me, right?

Yes it was me ( Gerard) & your welcome :)

Wow, those handguards have certainly been doing the rounds. If I recall correctly, I originally used until I got the dash shelf (with hand guards, so I passed them onto Dan, who didn't actually use them and they then went on to Gerard, who drank some KoolAid, and passed them onto Nancy.

Who's next, I wonder?

Spring RTE? I'm open to just about anywhere within a day or two of South Central PA...

Wow, those handguards have certainly been doing the rounds. If I recall correctly, I originally used until I got the dash shelf (with hand guards, so I passed them onto Dan, who didn't actually use them and they then went on to Gerard, who drank some KoolAid, and passed them onto Nancy.

Who's next, I wonder?

Spring RTE? I'm open to just about anywhere within a day or two of South Central PA...
They certainly did get around, & the Koolaid taste just fine. :p & a spring ride would be much warmer than the other day :huh:

I'll post something up when the weather gets more reliably decent.

Pete, don't forget to let me know when PBR is gonna be playing somewhere - down in Bawlmer, or up in York, either way, it's really not that far away. :)

I'll post something up when the weather gets more reliably decent.

Pete, don't forget to let me know when PBR is gonna be playing somewhere - down in Bawlmer, or up in York, either way, it's really not that far away. :)
Will do Nancy. :guitar: :rockwoot:

Sorry to miss the RTE. I just couldn't bring myself to travel over the mountains in all the snow. I did ride to Wolfsburg (just west of Bedford) yesterday. What a difference a week makes. There was still snow on the ground and along the road at the higher elevations, but the temps were in the 60's!

Hope to make the next one.