RTE

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hello Kitty

Reaction score
Okay, Checkswrecks and I decided that we should try and get an RTE going in our area (I'm in Baltimore, he's in Damascus.) Suggestions?

I know folks like The Cozy in Thurmont, but personally, I do not. But, if that's what folks want to do, I can suffer through it!

Other suggestions?

Timing? Saturday or Sunday morning? Say meet up at 9? I'm not one for riding in groups, but if someone wants to organize something after breakfast, I'm sure there'd be interest.

So, let me know what people would actually do - day of week, time of day, area - and I'll set it up!

Um..... whats an RTE? Ride to eat? I am in. There is a restaurant in Thurmont? <_<

I'm up for meeting my neighbors! Even for a ride through the hills west of Thurmont.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, cool Eric. What would work for you? As in day of week and time of day and general area?

There's also some fun places in Baltimore City. Parking can be an issue, but if you ride, you can usually find a place to stash a bike. Especially if there's a spot big enough for a car and some asshole with a bike parks in the middle of it. ;) Leave spots for your friends!

Yes, RTE is a Ride To Eat. We might tie in with the Tenere crowd, Checks knows those guys as well.

The Mountaingate Restaurant https://mountaingatefamilyrestaurant.com/ is almost next door to the Cozy in Thurmont, second location in Waynesboro, PA. I've seen some groups meet at the Golden Corral in the FSK Mall in Frederick; both are buffet style restaurants. Apologies in advance if this constitutes a hijack; there is an event going on in Thurmont just up the street from the Cozy Sept. 9, the Nostalgia Run https://www.classicmotorcycleday.org/nrun/

No problem on mentioning the Nostalgia Run. I've done it a few times, but not in many years now. I don't mind trying for that Sunday, but folks will need to be down to the park kinda early, so we'd need to meet kinda early... Do you think people would want to actually do the Nostalgia Run or were you just mentioning it's the same date? Just trying to include as many people as possible.

I completely veto Golden Corral. And if you mention it again, you're no longer invited. Kidding, sort of. I'll deal with The Cozy or Mountain Gate.

Okay, so let's say Sunday, September 9th at Mountain Gate. That is Labor Day weekend, but my weekend is already shot for a wedding on Saturday. Now, what time? I was thinking 9:30AM, but if folks wanted to do the Nostalgia Run, we need to meet earlier. What do you guys think?

I promise, future RTE's won't be this complicated. I'm just trying to be as inclusive as possible for the first one. :)

No problem on mentioning the Nostalgia Run. I've done it a few times, but not in many years now. I don't mind trying for that Sunday, but folks will need to be down to the park kinda early, so we'd need to meet kinda early... Do you think people would want to actually do the Nostalgia Run or were you just mentioning it's the same date? Just trying to include as many people as possible.

I completely veto Golden Corral. And if you mention it again, you're no longer invited. Kidding, sort of. I'll deal with The Cozy or Mountain Gate.

Okay, so let's say Sunday, September 9th at Mountain Gate. That is Labor Day weekend, but my weekend is already shot for a wedding on Saturday. Now, what time? I was thinking 9:30AM, but if folks wanted to do the Nostalgia Run, we need to meet earlier. What do you guys think?

I promise, future RTE's won't be this complicated. I'm just trying to be as inclusive as possible for the first one. :)
I've never heard the Nostalgia Run mentioned before on this board, so I assumed there was limited, if any, participation. The reason I mentioned it was, if you're planning any local group ride that day after the meal, the roads will be busier than usual. I've gone on the Run several times (only '85 Madura 700 there) and don't really care if I do it again. Any weekend that's convenient for you suits me fine.

Well I am out this Wednesday-Sunday - bringing my daughters (*&))(__)()_ dog back to her in Michigan. She as out of the country for a month and left the little ... um.... darling with us.

I am usually pretty open on the weekends.

So it is, you are correct. That'll teach me to listen to my husband! :lol: :lol:

Sunday, Sept 9th it is, 9:30 AM at Mountain Gate in Thurmont. Whoever wants to do a group ride is welcome to set it up. I have been cured of group rides, but I know others enjoy it.

See ya'll then!

So it is, you are correct. That'll teach me to listen to my husband! :lol: :lol:

Sunday, Sept 9th it is, 9:30 AM at Mountain Gate in Thurmont. Whoever wants to do a group ride is welcome to set it up. I have been cured of group rides, but I know others enjoy it.

See ya'll then!

Ahhh a chance to meet some FJR folks but i'll be in Toronto....

I will be there. Gonna go knock out florida's tour of honor sites this weekend so Thurmond feels close :)

See you then

Dang. Our friends are moving to NM and just found out their going away party is on the 9th. Have to get the details to see if the morning ride would be possible.

Okay so a handful of people have said they might come, but it sounds like the only definites are Josh, Bob and me. I'll go check the Tenere thread in a minute. I just want to have an idea of headcount. If it's going to be 6 or even 8, not a big deal, but if we're looking at a bigger group, I think it'd be nice to give the restaurant a heads up.

Check in if you think you're gonna make it :)

Shameless bump :rolleyes:

2 days away. Philadelphia is a quicker ride to Thurmont than my domicile in Southern Maryland (did I mention I hate DC?).

By the end of my meal I fear I'll be buying a Tenere. Till Sunday.