RTE

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking forward to meeting new folks & weather should be great. Just watch the severe storms between 4-8pm tonight!

Look at a topo map to find great roads.

Last edited by a moderator:
Up late helping out a friend. If I can get my butt up in a few hours I will join you all as well.

Had a great time; good food, great company, beautiful weather, and fine mountain roads, doesn't get any better. Thanks to Kitty for organizing a successful event, hope to do it again. Hope everyone makes it back home safe and with all body parts intact.

Yes good times. Coffee and company and pie were all good! After the bear spray run (thanks checkswrecks) and a bit of joyriding found myself 284 miles from home. Oops. Good problem to have.

Glad to see everybody and MikeBear was the longest distance on his black Super Tenere, coming from Long Island.

The final count was 6 FJRs, 6 Super Teneres, and 1 BMW.

Thanks to all!

4b3f14f9.jpg

1225a3a0.jpg

Had a great time, thanks everyone for coming out.

So, I guess we should try again in a couple months? We'll look for a weather window and take it from there.

Thanks for posting pics! But I guess I have to take back my 'IN YOUR FACE' dance, huh? Shoulda waited to declare victory ;)

For those that count points because they are sick bastards. . .

Wait a minute! What was the timestamp on that photo? Didn't an FJR pull in after you and I went inside, Kitty?

I demand justice. Where is the RM?

For those that count points because they are sick bastards. . .

Wait a minute! What was the timestamp on that photo? Didn't an FJR pull in after you and I went inside, Kitty?

I demand justice. Where is the RM?
Says the odd ball with the paddle shifters...

:p

Thanks to the organizers of a fine RTE. Great (cheap!) breakfast buffet in a nice convenient spot. the ride in was fabulous with (finally) some cool weather to ride in. my thanks to Lonerider for a nice tour thru parts unknown NE of Thurmont ending with some cooling rain up on the turnpike. Enjoyed some high speed slabbing back to Lancaster from McConnellburg - some decent tailwind and a lot of folks moving right along for once. Arrived home with a clear head ready for the week ahead. Looks like a lot of great country to explore just north of the turnpike out there. Probably no need for GPS routes for the Super Teneres - they obviously just go where the want, roads or no. Interesting bikes.....

Thanks to the organizers of a fine RTE. Great (cheap!) breakfast buffet in a nice convenient spot. the ride in was fabulous with (finally) some cool weather to ride in. my thanks to Lonerider for a nice tour thru parts unknown NE of Thurmont ending with some cooling rain up on the turnpike. Enjoyed some high speed slabbing back to Lancaster from McConnellburg - some decent tailwind and a lot of folks moving right along for once. Arrived home with a clear head ready for the week ahead. Looks like a lot of great country to explore just north of the turnpike out there. Probably no need for GPS routes for the Super Teneres - they obviously just go where the want, roads or no. Interesting bikes.....
Hope I didn't poke along too slowly for you. There's some great riding in PA's Laurel Highlands and usually very little traffic.