Run through the misty (Santa Monica) mountains

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redtail

Reaction score
Took a run out to the beach today. At the turn around I remembered my "Tour of Honor" rally towel was in my bag. So I just thought I'd get the camera and give a shout-out to these local folk.

IMG_1439.jpg

Then since the camera was out, thought I'd show a little of the route.

Santa Monica Mountains were a little misty this morning.

IMG_1449.jpg

Here's Mulholland HWY

IMG_1450.jpg

IMG_1452.jpg

IMG_1451.jpg

IMG_1454.jpg

IMG_1455.jpg

IMG_1457.jpg

Eventually ending up at the coast on HWY 1

IMG_1442.jpg

Mandatory bike hangout, "Neptunes Net"

IMG_1443.jpg

Then grab a canyon, any canyon, and you're imediately lifted right back up off the coast. (Encinal cyn)

IMG_1446.jpg

I'm known among my peeps, for calling these "mental health days"! Rightly so I believe!

Case-in-point, after wandering aimlessly purely for the sake of doing it! I discovered what we've all been looking for...

The Light at the end of the tunnel!!!

IMG_1461.jpg

I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!

I thought you were going to say that you had found your phone you fucker as why else would not call and say "do you wanna go riding" :blink: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

R

I thought you were going to say that you had found your phone you fucker as why else would not call and say "do you wanna go riding" :blink: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

R
Okay.. sorry guys. A lot going on these days. I need as much seat time as possible this week. Probably again Wednesday, something like HWY 33 to Lockwood Valley! Although I just got the new "Butler Motorcycle Map" for Central/SoCal so maybe something fresh!

Thanks redtail, Nice Ride Report and Pictures. I graduated from Orange High School in 1966 and I used to ride those roads on my 1964 Norton Atlas 750. I still love LA.

Postscript: I can fully understand your reluctance to be seen in public with someone riding a Hondapotamus alongside of you, redtail. Absolutely so understandable!

Last edited by a moderator: