• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Russell Day Long group buy?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3. Every late fall/early winter there is a group buy which some seat manufactures like because it's work during a slower season.

2. Last fall Russell opted out of the normal group buy.

1. On the Forum, one does not ask if there is a group buy, one says I'M ORGANIZING A GROUP BUY, WHO WANTS TO SIGN UP FOR A SEAT?
smile.png
That's the party line from Admin Land.

Watch the For Sale section, seats do come up. I know of a Russell seat for sale right now that has every option that Russell offers and has never been used. Even though it is well discounted it is still in the mid $900 range plus shipping. If you are still breathing after reading the price and interested, it fits ~5'11" @ 200 lbs @ 31" inseam.

Last edited by a moderator:
There will be one right after you start it and organize it.
wink.png

Just as an FYI though, Russell has always been quite generous with group buys, but they are always run during the winter months when their business has slowed somewhat. Not sure they'd be willing to do one now when they already have enough orders coming in without an added incentive. But you could always call and ask.

edit - ionbeam beat me by a few seconds.

Last edited by a moderator:
My last 4 motorcycles, going back to 1985, have been mounted with Russell's seats. Today I would consider a Laam seat. OEM seats are designed to cause pain because OEM's are in a price sensitive environment. (Did ya enjoy that Koolaid?)

I got in on the group buy a couple years ago for my VStrom, coordinated by a member on vulcanbaggers.com. I could be tempted this time for the FJR.