• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold Russell day long seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tx123

Reaction score
Russel Day long seats for sale. Day-long drivers seat with passenger seat covered to match. Grey vinyl. Great condition and very comfortable. Asking $400 plus shipping. I would prefer a local pickup, and don’t mind riding some to meet someone who’s wanting to buy it.

Attachments

• IMG_7859.jpeg
    IMG_7859.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7858.jpeg
    IMG_7858.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7860.jpeg
    IMG_7860.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7857.jpeg
    IMG_7857.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7862.jpeg
    IMG_7862.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7861.jpeg
    IMG_7861.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7863.jpeg
    IMG_7863.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 2
Hey Tx123, can you offer us curious folk what you would have told the Russel company when they made that one for you?

Can you tell us {in pounds) what the front seat was designed / foamed for ?
I recall that Russel, and other companies usually ask about your weight, how often / long you usually ride each day, etc.

Thanks!

I should have included that in the original post. I bought it from another FJR owner and had emailed Russell with the serial number to get that information. Here was their reply “That seat was made for someone 5'11, 220 with a 31" inseam and 38" waist.” I am similar dimensions to that, slightly heavier and a little shorter inseam but it was still as comfortable as I had hoped.

Russel Day long seats for sale. Day-long drivers seat with passenger seat covered to match. Grey vinyl. Great condition and very comfortable. Asking $400 plus shipping. I would prefer a local pickup, and don’t mind riding some to meet someone who’s wanting to buy it.
I'm very interested since my "personalized" RDL was stolen along with my bike. It would be helpful to chat on the phone for a few minutes if you'd be kind enough to call me (216-777-0708, CDT). Thanks, Bruce

Thanks for the interest. It should fit a 2nd and 3rd gen. It was on my 2019.
Bruce, I will give you a call later this morning.

@TUCSONJON , so that you know, @Tx123 posted the same offer on the “other” forum on Sunday also. I was the second one to send him a PM from there, but have not heard back since. As TX mentioned on the other forum, he would prefer to sell the seats locally in TX, so probably that is why he only responded to Bruce in the thread above. A reply to my direct with PM would have been a courteous (and expected) thing to do - and something I would do - but not everyone does that.

I apologize, I did post in both FJR forums and have had a number of people interested in it. I thought I had been going in order of response but I may have messed that up between the two forums. I didn’t respond to anyone else yesterday because I was allowing another member more time to get back to me before moving on.