• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Russell December Group Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralph

Reaction score
HEADS UP!!

I sent my seat in for my Dec. 3 scheduled build. The seat was delivered on Nov. 29th. Heather called on Dec 5 to give me a build date. I had included copies of my original order with the seat.

You might include the scheduled build date with your seat to minimize the confusion.

Last edited by a moderator:
mine arrived yesterday and should be being built today! :clapping:

anyone know how long it takes from the build date to get them back? am hoping to receive it before I leave for the holidays.

anyone know how long it takes from the build date to get them back? am hoping to receive it before I leave for the holidays.
Heather said it takes them two weeks to complete a seat + shipping.

Heather said it takes them two weeks to complete a seat + shipping.
ok, that will be cutting pretty dang close for me! LOL! 2 weeks from today is my last day of work for the year. I fly out on Friday, 22nd. Guess I better ring up Heather and make sure they started it today. Thanks Ralph!

I also contacted them with regard to my stuff being sent out and to make sure they received everything. They said the received it and are starting mine this week also. One mess up for me was I didn't put any information in the box. For a day they didn't know whose seat it was. They did eventually figure it out based on the address but for some odd reason my name wasn't on the outside. My mistake but it got worked out.

The one downside to this whole thing is that I can only look at it on my bike once I get it home. Unless we have one big warming spell to clean the roads off. It all snow and ice right now.

Has anybody received theirs back, with the half-moon stitching? Heather said she has no photos on file with this style on an FJR. I would like to see one before my build-date in January, as may want to change mine to half-moon. Phil

Has anybody received theirs back, with the half-moon stitching? Heather said she has no photos on file with this style on an FJR. I would like to see one before my build-date in January, as may want to change mine to half-moon. Phil
Go to this thread (linky) and go to Fred's post on the second page of the thread (#37). He has a link to great photo of the half-moon pattern.

Hey Phil,

This isn't my seat. It was one I was considering bidding for on eBay, but when I queried the owner he was a smaller guy so I never did Bid.

2675194750098858932S600x600Q85.jpg

2534515650098858932S600x600Q85.jpg

2852890690098858932S600x600Q85.jpg

PS - I ordered one exactly like this in the group buy. Half Moon solo, full leather cover, all black. My build date is Jan 22.

My build date was Dec 5th & I recieved mine back today ! Same as the one pictured above.

My build date is Jan 18. In addition to the form and pictures, Heather asked for my inseam...I can understand why, but has anyone with an '07 told them their preferred ride height? (of the two settings, I prefer mine at the higher setting)... wondering if this makes a huge difference?

My build date was Dec 5th & I recieved mine back today ! Same as the one pictured above.
Damn that was fast. I thought they were talking about a two week turn around just to build them ? That sounds awesome if they are going to turn them out that fast. My build date was the 6th. At that rate I should be looking for it within week or two. This way I can look at it for THREE months while the snow is outside.

So... does it look just as good in person as it does in those pictures?

And how about the most important thing. How does it feel?
I have a Russel seat...and the true test is not it feels...it's how yer butt feels after all day in the saddle. I no longer feel seat pain after multiple long days in the saddle.

Your seat will need to be broken in by some solid riding first...but after that yer good.

So... does it look just as good in person as it does in those pictures?

And how about the most important thing. How does it feel?
I have a Russel seat...and the true test is not it feels...it's how yer butt feels after all day in the saddle. I no longer feel seat pain after multiple long days in the saddle.

Your seat will need to be broken in by some solid riding first...but after that yer good.

Too true... But I'm hoping that smooth leather feels as luxurious as it looks as well. and since I won't be able to ride on mine for at least two months after receiving it, that's all the experience I'll be getting until then. :angry2:

They receviced my seat on Monday the 10th and I talked to Heather yesterday... I just confirmed everything was OK and she said yes....

My build date was the 11th and she said I should see it in a couple of weeks. I figure because I am not very close to the left coast it might be a little longer to get back to me.

It took 12 days to get to them so I don't expect to see it back before Christmas.

Thanks for the good news that there is no hicups in production.

It looks better in person to me ! The feeling of support makes your ass feel way less pressure since you have so much more support. It was a little taller (& slick being new) than I expected but the new position makes my legs & arms feel much better. I'll have it broken in this weekend with a visit to San Diego.

I hit the farckle jackpot this week ! Also installed a dual heat troller & picked up a Warm N Safe Jacket liner ! My first heated clothes !

It looks better in person to me ! The feeling of support makes your ass feel way less pressure since you have so much more support. It was a little taller (& slick being new) than I expected but the new position makes my legs & arms feel much better. I'll have it broken in this weekend with a visit to San Diego.I hit the farckle jackpot this week ! Also installed a dual heat troller & picked up a Warm N Safe Jacket liner ! My first heated clothes !

Great to hear! Thanks.

Now stay like your liner: warm and safe. ;)

It looks better in person to me ! The feeling of support makes your ass feel way less pressure since you have so much more support. It was a little taller (& slick being new) than I expected but the new position makes my legs & arms feel much better. I'll have it broken in this weekend with a visit to San Diego.I hit the farckle jackpot this week ! Also installed a dual heat troller & picked up a Warm N Safe Jacket liner ! My first heated clothes !
Robert, glad you got your saddle. If your legs need a change of position while riding, I strongly suggest MCL rider peg lowers, they sure have made my legs feel more comfortable.

My build date was Dec. 10 and they are done building the seat. I called today, Dec. 13 and it will ship out on Dec. 14, so I should have it next week. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: I ordered a dual, all leather, half moon pattern. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.