Russell DL saddle in the Twin Cities MN area

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevet

Reaction score
Hello eastern MN and western WI,

In the Parts and Accessories section, there is a link to a Russell Day Long group buy at a Goldwing board, so I signed up for that group purchase that will probably happen a bit later this fall.

I realize each seat is custom built for its rider, but I'd sure like the chance to see an FJR-mounted Russell or two first hand before I order.

Anyone around here willing to let me take a look? I'm in the Twin Cities area (just north of Mpls, 694/35W is just a few miles away), available some evenings and most weekends. This upcoming Labor Day weekend will have a visit to the MN State Fair (probably Saturday the way it looks now unless the weather is no good), but other than that I think this upcoming 3-day weekend is fairly flexible.

I currently run with a Sargent saddle that, although is head & shoulders above the OEM in ride comfort, still isn't quite doing the job for me.

Feel free to chime in here (or PM me, if you're able to- don't know if my account has a PM function, don't see where it is... mplsmotorcycleATgmail.com will work, too) if you wouldn't mind a quick visit to view the Russell (my place, your place, somewhere in the middle, wherever). Thanks!

Oh, and if you are using a Helibar handlebar riser system, I'd love to see that as well. I've got a set of riser blocks, but I think I need to have the bars come back further, not just up.

Steve.

I have one that you can take a look at. I'll be out of town this weekend but anytime after is fine.

I've got one too, but you can't see it.

J/K

If you're South of the cities, Gramps is closer. If you're North, I'm closer.

If you'll be at First Thursday, you can see 'em both. But be sure I know to switch seats 'cause I only use the Russell for long trips. The stock seat stays on if I'm in Minnesota or Wisconsin.

First Thursday:

Dulono's Pizza

607 West Lake Street

Minneapolis, MN 55408

Gramps- I'll PM to you maybe next week, thanks!

Joe- I'm so close to you, we may as well be neighbors. Just south of you in the next town, in the bottom end of Anoka County. I'll send a PM to you, thanks.

First Thursday- heard of it for years, but never gone there... maybe some day.

"some day" = tomorrow night? just sayin'

And perhaps tomorrow night Joe'll be sayin' Yes to the Hooterville 400

I'm like Joe, I only use my Russell for trips otherwise I use the Corbin, so let us know sometime today if you'll be at the 1st Thrus. gathering.

And we will have to work on Joe tonight Mike. ;)

I'd love nothing more than to attend Hooterville 400.

But, at this point it might require a little Divine intervention.

If I get my way, I'll be hanging out with you guys in Farmington, MO.

And, you'll be helping think of a new forum handle. ;)

If I don't get my, you might not be able to stand to be around me :(

Steve, I got your message. I'm not ignoring you. I just have shitty cell phone reception during the day.

(another thing that will change if I get my way ;) )

I probably can't make it to 1st Thursday, but here's a sneak peak...

DSCN6634.jpg

DSCN6635.jpg

Joe told me you were looking for a '10.

Guess I was wrong thinking you were going to take a break (for the family). :confusedsmiley: :biggrinsmiley:

Congrats!! Can't wait to see it. :thumbsup:

TCMike- thanks, maybe Sunday or Monday? It looks like we'll be at the state fair on Saturday. I'll PM you in the next day or so, thanks.

Matt- thanks for the photos. Doesn't look like anything too crazy was done to your seat.

Joe- Friday after work will work for me. I'll see if I can sneak out a bit before my normal shift ending of 4:30pm, I'll call you (work #, then cell#). I'm nearby from work, too- Brooklyn Park.

I tend to do the same sort of thing with the "good saddle" and the "not so good saddle". Typically I use the OEM for commuting, to let it bake in the sun all day, then use the Sargent for trips. Now I'd probably use the Sarg for commuting and shorter rides, and the Russell for all-day rides.

Thanks Guys! Oh, and while y'all were living it up at First Thursday, I was mowing the hay field that is my front yard. Yippee.

Matt- thanks for the photos. Doesn't look like anything too crazy was done to your seat.
Oh by the way Welcome Steve. No, nothing much happened to my bike, but it did become slower. I moved from a Gen1 to a Gen2 on Wednesday so that's the price I have to pay. Loved my bike but couldn't turn down opportunity to move to an 08 for almost no money.

I sent my Gen1 seat to Spencer and he did a great job for $75, but it's obviously not a Russel, just a better stock seat.

Thanks, Joe, for letting me check out your Russell today, I sure appreciate everything I learned about it.

Steve.