• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Russell Group Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why can`t they have a group buy after income tax season , as the end of the year is tough to come up with some money (holidays)
Ummm, isn't that what God made credit cards for?

Very hard to hide the purchase with the card when the wify goes over the bills every month :rolleyes: & to spend over $500. on a seat for a bike is sure out of the question (for her anyways) she quite riding with me 20 years ago (she never gave me a straight answer on that one)

Why can`t they have a group buy after income tax season , as the end of the year is tough to come up with some money (holidays)

Very hard to hide the purchase with the card when the wify goes over the bills every month :rolleyes: & to spend over $500. on a seat for a bike is sure out of the question (for her anyways) she quite riding with me 20 years ago (she never gave me a straight answer on that one)
Tell her your girlfriend finds the FJR seat a bit uncomfortable.

My guess is she will start riding with you again <_< .. Then the Russell can be a gift for her! :yahoo:

Tell her your girlfriend finds the FJR seat a bit uncomfortable.

My guess is she will start riding with you again <_< .. Then the Russell can be a gift for her! :yahoo:
If you do tell your wife this, be sure to sleep with one eye open. :unsure:

True story:

That is exactly what I gave my wife (of 32 years) for Xmas this year.

I got her a passenger seat customized at Russell. And that is what she wanted.

She saw how comfortable my driver seat was and how I could go all day with fairly few stops.

So she asked me to make up a custom for her, so she could ride all day long with no discomfort too.

Man, am I a lucky guy... ;)

I'm with you Fred... I got both seats done right, just in time for Christmas ;) Although, I did not DARE tell her it was "Her" gift.

In this case it was her seat (just the rear) being done up. Mine had been done a year before. And let me tell anyone considering following my lead, DON'T DO THAT!!! It cost me almost twice what it would have to just order the dual seat option up front. :glare:

But, it's still worth it! :yahoo:

I was going to buy a used russel from Grumpy but the wife went a little ballistic over the fact that she would not be getting a seat made to fit her.

Being the good guy i went for a new dual. Now we just need to find some time to try it out.